3 [headache]

Placing down the art supplies in her hands, Sophie thought of fulfilling the thought of jumping out the window.

"Do you know how dangerous that is for us—!"

She was beyond intrigued by that, a pit feeling in her stomach saying that she should have listened to Tam—but she couldn't bring herself to feel worried when she felt safe. Ish.

Sophie didn't trust the pink haired girl—not that she trusted anyone in that room—but the small sly girl...there was something off in her that she didn't sense in Haz—Glimmer and Ez.

Waving her hand, Raynne cut off Ez before he could finish his statement.

"I do, sincerely, apologize for his behavior," in a blink of an eye, the pink haired girl moved across the room and was in front of Sophie, "we just don't have many customers—especially not as well known as you are Miss Foster."

Nodding, she didn't believe a word that came out of the girl's mouth, but when Raynne stuck out her hand and introduced herself the pit in Sophie's stomach dropped so much further.

"Raynne. Raynne Maximillian. All my friends call me Rayn though—or Max—Rayn-ne is such a mouthful." She said with a quirk of her lips.

A quirk Sophie didn't reciprocate because something about that name made her want to throw up the lunch she didn't eat.

"Nice to meet you too," she responded in a hallowed tone.

Then after a beat of silence, Raynne was no longer in front of her. The small pink haired girl was up in Glimmer's face. "Well, excuse us, we must talk about a major business proposal that might fall out because of Hayzll's carelessness." She gave Sophie a tight lipped smile, "Anything you check out is on the house, just check it with Ezra when you leave so he can restock our inventory."

Watching as the girls walked out, she faced Ezra as she found the paints she placed down before. But all he did was stare at her with an expression on his face that she couldn't read—unlike the open one he was wearing moments before.

"Isn't it dangerous for the Moonlark to be all alone in times like these?" His hushed voice asked as he eyed the paints and wrote something down, "You never know what's hiding in the shadows."

Sophie stared at him with an open mouth as chills ran down her body. He was sketchier than he was when Hazyll/Glimmer and Raynne were in here.

Exiting the store quickly, she rushed to the dress shop they were at and bursted into the front door. She startled Dex, who was patiently waiting for Marella to choose a dress because he was tired of holding all her options.

And she let out a loud gasp after five minutes of waiting because she replayed the entire scene in her head and the pit in her stomach clicked. Raynne Maximillian—R. Max.

"Bloody hells." She whispered to herself—she understood now why Raynne looked livid when she saw her.

Her friends looked at her like she was crazy when she began mumbling to herself.

"We should probably leave," she had to come up with a lie, and since she almost never lied, they'd believe her. "I don't think Grady and Edaline would be happy if we came back too late."

But it wasn't necessarily a lie. Grady would be pissed if she didn't make it back before her curfew.

"I think he'd understand..." Biana pouted, but Sophie knew it was a blatant threat.

She wanted to yell at her teal eyed friend, but then they'd know something was off.

"I know, I know, but I'm seriously beat. Roaming around Mysterium killed my energy."