17 [closet]

She stared at the empty space where Ruy used to be.

That would've been her first kiss.

She didn't know whether she was going to kill whoever was knocking at her door or give them her first kiss for saving her.

Opening her door, she was prepared to meet her parents or Sandor or Dex. But seeing Biana and Tam made her confused.

They both barged their way in when she showed no sign of moving to let them in.

Biana went to hug her, but she backed away—one because Biana betrayed her along with everyone else, and two she really didn't want to remember something and then get a seizure.

Her friend looked hurt, but she also had a determination in her eyes that told her that she had nothing to do with the ability restrictor.

"I'm going to kill Dex." Her feisty friend said cheerfully, "Any particular way you want me to do it?"

The girl looked at Tam who had a grim look on his face, "We are the only people who didn't know, and they didn't tell us because we would have vetoed the idea."

Biana growled, "I can't believe I was so foolish—I should have known it was too good to be true when Fitz asked if I wanted to go shopping and that he would pay for everything." Then she reached into the bag she didn't realize her friend was carrying and pulled out loads of things—it was kind of like Hermione's bag that could hold anything. "The only thing that makes me feel better is that I used a lot of money—here this is for you, courtesy of my brother."

"Um, thanks?" She reached to grab it with the hand that had the restrictor on it and Biana's eyes went straight to it.

"I'm going to kill my brother too." She muttered before speaking aloud, "Does it hurt like the last time?"

Tam raised his eyebrows in question, but the two girls ignored him. She gave Biana a tired smile, "No, just a tad bit draining."

"So I'm going to be brotherless, you are going to be cousinless, Tam you will be sisterless, and we'll all be friendless. I like that idea—ohh we'll also be parentless. Let's all do some stupid shit."

That got a real smile out of her.

"Honestly, I would love to do that too, but," Tam says, ruining the moment, "that is not what we were sent up here to talk about."

Biana rolls her eyes as the girl sighed, "Of course, they not only left us out of their conversation to restrict your abilities, but they also want us to play the good guys and manipulate you—how's that?"

She scoffed, reaching up to tear out some eyelashes before Biana swatted at her hand.

"There is more, Biana." Tam says with gritted teeth before Biana could open her mouth and start talking about other things.

"Why do I have to tell her?" Her teal eyed friend said with a grimace, "They also sent you up here, Shade Boy."

"Fine," he said tersely before looking her in the eye, "they want us to talk about your death."

"What?" Both her and Biana shout.

She was genuinely confused, but Biana looked ready to punt Tam's emo arse out of her bedroom.

"You slimey—" she cut herself off before she could say it, giving her crush the meanest stink eye before looking at the girl apologetically, "—your winnowing gala—I know, I was honestly so stoked about this before, but not now—they want to fucking trade you off to someone who can fucking control you. It's utter freaking bullshit. They want to fucking keep you in check, and now that you are powerless you are nothing more than a dusty trophy—"