31 [spy]

Ruy stared into the distance with a look of disdain that hadn't vanished since Edyn kicked them all out of Nyxen's room.

"And will you stay?" He asked the stone cold lady.

But as soon as the question process, he could see that icy wall melt away and something warm replaced it. "She's my daughter, of course I will."

He was about to say something else when she snapped her fingers, "Next time you come across me, I will not be as pleasant."

And then they were sent back to Elysian.

The constant beat of his foot on the ground matched the slow pace of his heart.

Waiting was so unthrilling.

"How long is it going to take for Nyx to get her bloody arse here?" Ezra bitched from his spot on the couch. He'd been more of a broody asshole than normal due to the encounter with his aunt.

Rolling his azure eyes, he tried not to let his irritation with Ezra show. "She'll come back to us when she's ready. You can't rush the process."

Although he was a hypocrite. He was just as antsy as him, maybe even more so because his father did that to Nyxen. The reason she was in a coma, the reason she was going to be different but normal at the same time. He would get his old Sophie back, but she was still new.

It would be hells because Nyxen would only know this version of him and not the past child version who was a much better soul.

"I'm just saying, mate, we can't trust my aunt. She's a bit chuffed up there, and I wouldn't be surprised if something is going wonky."

Pinching the bridge of his nose, Ruy left the room before he did something that he would regret. Not that he would regret pummeling Ezra's face in, but it was the after effects that would kill him. Not to mention, he was trying to be cool with everything going on, and Ezra's suspicions and accusations would only mess him up in the head more than he already was.

Walking around, he tried not to let what Ezra said meddle its way into his thoughts. But it was too late because he had been having those thoughts long before Ezra spit them out. It was the fact that not only he shared those reckless, but heartfelt ideals to save Nyxen that he disobeyed direct orders.

Moving discreetly, he made his way to the room that held the leaping crystals, grabbing one that would light leap him to Havenfield, he was there in a flash of light.

Hiding behind the big trunk of Calla, the Panakes tree, he spied the group of Sophie's friends. They were huddled around her and Silveny the Alicorn.

Getting to a close vantage point, he was still hidden, but so much closer that he could actually hear what was going on. Then all of a sudden, he watched as the fat man he came to know as Mr. Forkle, not so secretly touched her arm. It would have passed as an honest mistake, but not from Forkle, and not knowing that if Nyxen touched anyone for the first time she would get hit with a memory of the first time she met that person.

It shouldn't have surprised him like it did when she fell to the grassy floor convulsing, but then again it wasn't the first time that she met Mr. Forkle. But then again, it was Nyxen.

When did bad things not happen to her.

By the time she got off the ground, everything was still coming back to her by the glassy gaze in her eyes. And the idiots that she called friends were just huddled around her and Tam who was cradling her in his arms.

Ruy had never not liked Tam, there was a certain respect that he had for the Shade. But never had Ruy wanted to murder anyone more for putting their hands on Nyxen when he couldn't comfort her—when he was so close but couldn't do anything for her.