6 [mirror]

When they stole you from me.

When they fucking stole you from me.

What the fucking fuck!

If he's saying that she was stolen from him it would mean that...well it would mean that she was fucking stolen from him and everything was a lie.

Sophie wouldn't be the Black Swan's greatest weapon, she would be the Neverseen's.

And it would mean that maybe the Black Swan wasn't as good as she believed.

That would mean—

Words were being spoken, she knew it. She could feel the vibrations of Fintan's voice as he gripped her shoulders. He was the only thing holding her up at this moment.

With her heart beating as loud as an earthquake, she couldn't hear anything. Her pulse was an unsteady bump, bump, bump.

Grabbing the hands at her shoulders like her life depended on it, she dug her fingernails in as her eyesight got blurry.

What happened in the next few minutes was beyond her.

Flashes of people danced across her hazy vision, two of them appeared to be arguing. And then there was that one—the one who just stared at her—or she assumed he was staring at her.

And by assumption that person was Ruy. Who would be looking down on her with those azure eyes that brought her an odd comfort. Pretty azure eyes that she could have sworn she'd seen many times before.

Suddenly, a pink haired blob was all up in her face. A scorching hot hand making contact with the sides of her face.

Sophie's vision immediately cleared and she came face to face with the finely structured face of Raynne Maximillian.

Perfect bronze skin, high cheekbones, and fierce storm blue eyes that looked at her in amusement.

They held eye contact even as Raynne's attention left her and drifted in Fintan's direction.

"Edyn really did a number on her," the pink haired girl muttered, "if you want to get her memories back, it's gonna cost her."

Without looking back down at her, Raynne stood up and began walking towards the exit. "I'll speak to Ezra, but I doubt he'll be any help."

Still laying on the cold wooden floor of her old dance academy, she groaned as a migraine pushed its way through her skull. She pinched the bridge of her nose and breathed—hoping that the trick Edaline taught her would get rid of the mind boggling headache she knew was to come.

About to get up, she was about to push off the floor when a scarred and calloused hand was shoved in front of her face.

Ruy.

Sophie gave him a scrutinizing look.

She didn't know him and she didn't trust him.

And who would name anyone Ruy?

It didn't stop her from accepting the weirdly kind gesture though.

With an ease, he hefted her off the ground—and it was a little too much because she kind of launched into his body from the force of his pull.

"Just hear Fintan out," his breath tickled the back of her neck, "it'll be worth it."

And then as he was leaving, she could have sworn the name Nyx was uttered.

Nyx.

What was it with that name? That was the third time she'd heard that name in a number of days.

Ignoring the tingly feeling in the back of her head, she moved her eyes away from Ruy's retreating figure to look at Fintan who waited patiently for her attention.