19 [punch]

The next time she saw Ruy after they left Tiergan's room was for lunch.

When she walked in, her eyes immediately found Ruy and Keefe—and she smiled a little, because the table that they were sitting at just happened to be the same one they occupied before she lost her memories. And her smile widened when she had to pass the table with all her shit listed friends, and seeing their reactions when she leisurely walked to Keefe's table.

Their anger and resentment fueled her speedy walk to her new-old table.

Biana and Tam were already there, along with Marella.

"Marella," she greeted.

And said girl looked at her sheepishly, "Hey, Sophie."

"I don't think Dex and the other's approve of you sitting here." She cemented her statement by shooting a sharp look at the arseholes she could feel staring at her.

"Like I care," she replied, flicking a tiny braid off her shoulder, "they're the ones in the wrong. Plus I'm getting a whole lotta deja vu, and it's telling me to sit here."

Smiling, she sighed, finding Marella's answer acceptable. The girl sat down across from her friend and squeezed next to Ruy because that was the only open seat next to Biana.

And the worst thing in the world happened—maybe because she was sending mixed signals or he was just genuinely over confident in himself. Ruy wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

It was a simple thing. A casual thing that could have been overlooked. But she was 'Sophie Foster', and he was the brother of a traitor.

Meaning that they drew a lot of attention—and by a lot, she meant that everyone in the mess hall whipped their heads in their direction and stared. Stared like she was the new animal in the zoo, something to pity and gawk at.

Shrugging off his arm, she crossed her arms on the table and hid her face with a groan.

He looked at her in absolute confusion and shock. She must have been sending him the wrong signals when they were in Tiergan's room—yep, that was definitely what happened.

"Did I do something—"

"Oh, this must be why my brother already hates you." Biana laughed to herself, as she expected everyone else to laugh with her but they were just silent. And as if her saying that wasn't embarrassing enough, Biana raised an eyebrow, "Is he also the one who's shirt I found in your—?"

Slamming a hand over her friend's mouth, she would have given herself whiplash if not of the sheer desire to shut her friend up. It was a fast and wild motion, and it was more like a slap against Biana's mouth rather than a gesture to be quiet.

Recoiling, Biana sent her a glare harsher than the ones she was receiving from the people around her and on her shit list.

"Sorry, sorry!" She returned her hands to her head in shame and groaned.

"What shirt, Foster?" Keefe asked with a smirk.

"Yeah, what shirt, Foster?" Biana mimicked with a less than bemused scowl.

Frowning, she picked at her fingernails—anything to not pluck out all her lashes. "It's Tam's," she said offhandedly, making more than one person at the table gasp—Keefe in mock hurt, Ruy because he really wanted to laugh, Biana in indignation, Marella in amusement, and Tam in confusion. It was quite funny, "oh yeah, we were having a sleepover because Edaline and Grady 'booty called' him for me."

The mouthful of water that Ruy had just swallowed came back up and was spit all over Keefe who stood up and gave a furious look to the laughing boy next to her.