23 [prophecy]

The girl jerked off whatever she was lying on when she came to, clutching her head.

Her body felt foreign—maybe it was because of her outer body experience that she just had, or because she was out of it for so long. But when she moved to get off the bed, she was hit with an overwhelming amount of weight.

It was like someone had placed a two ton weight on her chest and then broke both her legs. It was a double whammy.

"Sophie," said a wiry man next to her. But she didn't know him, didn't recognize him or his glasses or his messy hair.

She didn't know who he was calling her.

"Hey, Sophie, look at me." The man called again, this time the wariness in his voice speaking greater tones.

With a snap of his fingers a glowing orb was in her face and she jerked back. Amazed yet then again fearful of whatever he had in his hand. Looking him in the eye, he watched her—more like scrutinized her, and she watched as his jaw cinched.

"Oryion," he motioned to a dark haired boy who she just realized was in the room with them. When she moved to give him a better look, her gaze got caught on the boy next to him.

Blonde hair. Blue eyes. His ruffled and unkempt curls. The non-chilly ice baby blues.

"Keefe."

She zoned in on him before taking in the room again. All the walls were white and she was sitting on a mini bed thing.

It's a cot, Sophie. An inner voice screeched in her head, and it was coming from the right side of her brain—the creative and emotional side.

How did you not know, Nyxen? Commented another inner voice. This one was different though. It was louder, more accented—coming from the left side of her brain, the more calculative and logical side.

Nyxen.

That was her name. That was who she was.

So why were they calling her Sophie, why was the other side of her brain calling her a name she was never called before?

"Keefe," she started, looking at the two other people before looking at him, "where am I?"

"...Sophi—"

"Why are you calling me that?" She snapped, "That is not my name."

Oryion, the dark haired boy shoved Keefe out of the way and began marching in her space. Snarling at him did nothing as he only stopped when he was right in front of her.

"Nyxen," he hissed in her ear.

She stared at him in awe.

"Who are you? How do you know my name?"

No one should know her name. No one but Keefe.

Turning her glare from Oryion to Keefe, she frowned, "Why did you tell them my name? You do know that you could get in so much bloody trouble for doing that, dad already warned you."

Paling, Oryion and Keefe shared a look before the former raised a hand and she and the wiry man were trapped in an invisible force field.

Gasping, the doctor man narrowed his eyes, "Now you let me go right now Oryion Ignis—"

"Ignis, as in Ruy Ignis?" She questioned, looking closer at the dark haired boy before her. "I...that name...it means something...something important to me I think."

Still in front of her, Oryion stiffened as the forcefield around her flickered out—the doctor still trapped in his own.

"C'mon, witch," he said with a saccharine smile that vanished when he winced and looked at the man wearing glasses before looking back at Keefe. "He knows. Grab her and we'll take them both to Elysian—"