10 [flood]

a/n: hey guys this chapter is super long, enjoy!

"Nyx! Hurry up, we're going to be late, Ruy and everyone else is already there!" A little girl's father yelled from the leap master where he'd been waiting for several minutes. "Let's go, kiddo—if you don't hurry I'm going to light leap there by myself and tell everyone that you have a crush on Ruy."

"Daddyyyy!" She said, her face turning a bright pink. "Stop saying things like that, I do NOT have a crush on that smelly boy!"

He smiled and booped the girl on the nose, "Good thing then, I didn't want to hurt the kid—my daughter is too young for boys. Tsk tsk, only seven and charming everyone."

The girl gave him a non-toothy smile due to her missing front teeth.

"What are we even meeting for? The last time we all got together it was Umber's birthday and no one was having any bloody fun."

"Tonight will be fun, Nyxie." He promised, and then gave her a cruel smile that made him seem a lot younger than he looked. "And the only reason Umber's birthday was such a failure was because of a certain someone burning every chair Umber tried to sit on."

The small dark blonde haired girl pouted, "It's not my fault she kept trying to sit by Ruy and he was uncomfortable which made me uncomfortable—wait a second!"

The father fell to his knees laughing at the girl's betrayed expression. "I got you good, didn't I?"

Still laughing at the girl's sour expression, he picked her up by the waist and deposited her on his shoulders. "Let's go, my little bird, Elysian may be waiting for us—but I know for a fact that your friends are not going to be patient. And I just rebuilt a section of the building a few days ago, so the longer we make them wait the more restless they get and my precious building will pay."

"It wasn't my fault the alchemy set blew up," she mumbled, "I learned everything from you."

"You know, your mother was always the best at that stuff?"

"We don't talk about her, daddy," she grumbled, "let's go!"

With a snap of her fingers she summoned a void, and the man walked into it. And on the other side of the portal there were rolling hills of green, lush grass. Breathtaking mountains covered in equally breathtaking flowers—Delphiniums.

The sight was truly amazing, it was almost unreal.

There was an ocean not far out, the clearest, cleanest, and calmest beach she'd ever seen. This place was almost always frozen at a sunset or sunrise moment, stunning ombres or gold, pink, and purple.

She didn't know how this place was possible, it could have been an illusion, but it felt too real.

The little girl took a deep breath, "Daddy, why don't we come here more often?"

"To keep it safe, baby, the less times we visit, the less likely there are people following us to figure out where our secret hideout is." He pulled her off his shoulders, and brushed her dark blonde hair behind her ears. "But today is special."

He grabbed her hand and walked her to the entrance, "Today we celebrate your birthday."

But before anything else happened, the scene changed.

"Sophia!"

An older version of the girl from before turned, a scowl maring her pretty features.