22 [nausia]

When Sophie hit the ground, he was flipped into this immediate panic mode. Rushing to her side in an instant, but still an instant too slow because she still hit the ground with a thud.

He should have been more careful—he'd been so good with keeping his commands in check, but he let that one slip.

And fuck, she didn't even have her impenetrable mind to stave off the command.

Because fuck a duck Dex and the rest of their so called friends were horrible people and left Sophie vulnerable in a time that she really shouldn't be vulnerable.

Keefe honestly had no idea what memories she was reliving, but he wished he did. Her face right now was one of anguish and he couldn't help but feel more than a little guilty. She was pushing him quite far, sure, but he had no right to just order her—even if he didn't mean it.

He just couldn't control it.

And weirder, he should know what she was remembering—as the odds were, every other time he'd commanded someone to remember he was dragged along with them.

Like for instance, when he made Tam remember the things he'd forgotten, he had to see everything—something the emo boy wasn't very pleased about.

Reaching down, a headache hit him like a human automobile as he bent over Sophie and tried to get her onto the cot.

The key word being tried.

When he tried to lift her he realized that his arms felt like they were made of jelly as a wave of pain hit him in the head. Half the pain was from his concussion—without a doubt—but the other half was coming from Sophie.

The pain emanating from her was a pretty massive force, but as soon as he touched her, all that pain took a physical form and began beating him down like Fitz had.

Incapacitated as he was, trying to get to her spent the last of his energy that he was storing. So immobilized on the ground next to Sophie, he thought that they were just going to lie like that until someone came to check on them or Sophie woke up—but then he was her imparter.

Dragging himself across the ground to get it, he flipped it up and quickly dialed Ruy who answered right away.

"Nyx—Oh! Keefe?" Ruy was confused, "You're up, do you want to talk to—"

"No," he said hastily, "I commanded Sophie."

That seemed to stop the azure eyed boy in his place.

"I'm coming right now."

And in a few minutes, Ruy was bursting through the door with Elwin hot on his heels.

The crazy haired physician helped him onto his cot, "Keefe, why did you—"

"Fuck!" They turned when they saw Ruy struggling to pick Sophie up.

"What's wrong?" He demanded, glaring at his friend.

"I can't touch her," he said, clutching his stomach, "...I don't feel so well."

Bee-lining towards the trash can, Keefe turned away as Ruy began retching his guts out. After witnessing that Elwin all but shoved a dozen elixirs down his throat because of it, and judging by Ruy's expression, they must've tasted horrible.

"I didn't know you were an empath." He was genuinely interested in the answer.

"I'm not." But when he didn't explain Keefe gave him a dull look. He hated it when people only partially answered him and then didn't expand on the topic—especially if it was something as interesting as this. Especially because Ruy had the same reaction to touching Sophie as he did.