26 [descryer]

Ruy watched her dance with Raynne.

She was far too gorgeous to be going through what she was going through right now. Far too strong when she shouldn't have been—when all of them shouldn't have been really.

With one last twirl, he was surprised when Raynne handed Nyxen off to him. She wasn't his biggest fan, so color him many shades of confused when the pink haired girl smiled at him and relinquished Nyxen with a bow.

It was funny to see the reactions of the people around them, the pious elves regarding Raynne with a scorn that she just spit on with her charismatic charm. If there was nothing the elves hated more than twins, talentless, and unmatchables; it was those who openly into other people of the same gender.

Those fuckers.

Ignoring those glares, Raynne just continued smiling—she was in a good mood tonight—and shot everyone she saw fit a grin. Raynne was something called pan-sexual or something, she tried explaining it to him once but she lost him after saying that she would like anyone regardless of gender or no gender at all. All he did was smile and nod at everything she said after that—which was probably why she didn't like him all too well. She thought that he didn't take any of her situation seriously, and her being an activist for things like that, she opted to just ignore his presence half the time.

But when he said he didn't care, he really didn't care about any of it.

If you like someone of the same gender, so fucking what? You do fucking you.

Leaving Nyxen with him, he watched her walk away—straightening the lapels of her suit and picking up a flute of something age appropriate for their age group and headed towards Tam who was by his friends again.

Eyes returning back to the girl in front of him, he gave her the biggest grin he could muster as she smirked at him. He noticed how she also watched Raynne, a smile flittering to her mouth as she said bye to her friend.

Calling her attention back to him, he brushed a lock of her blonde hair behind her ear.

Ruy would never get tired of how beautiful she looked, especially now when she had a point to prove and a fire in her eyes.

"You look..." he couldn't even finish his sentence.

A cute flush crossed her face, "It was all Biana."

"Sure," he indulged her, knowing full well that while Biana must have helped a little, it was mostly all Nyxen herself.

Wrapping his arms around her in the dancing position, they took off at a slow pace, but then picking up speed as they grew more confident. He tried to not to look around, lest he lose all the confidence he just gained—but he could feel the glares of everyone in the room.

Is this what Keefe felt like when he swooped Nyxen off her feet before anyone else could? Was this the feeling he himself was emitting when he saw Keefe grab her hand and lead her to this corner of the ballroom?

Dipping her, she gracefully leaned back, entrusting him to not drop her. The sleek column of her neck on display as she bared her neck, a snake looking necklace clinging to the skin around her neck and collarbones. Pulling her back up, he couldn't keep the look of pure joy off his face as she fell into step with him, closer to his body than she was moments before the dip.

Nyxen's face was so close to his own that he held his breath and prayed that it really didn't stink, because their faces only got closer and closer until she stuck and hand out.

Oh fuck, my breath does stink.

She didn't say anything though, she just gave him a nervous grin.