4 [memory]

Sophie's headache was gone when she woke up.

Rubbing the sleep from her eyes, the last thing she thought she was going to see stood at the foot of her bed.

Letting out a very un-lady like shriek, she glared at her smirking friend.

"You do know that your mom's not as stupid as Fitz, right? She didn't believe your lie at all."

She grumbled out some inaudible words as she pulled her blanket over her face. Of course it would be Tam ruining her beauty sleep—and she couldn't even soak in the sunlight because his dark aura blocked out all the sun from her room.

Why had Grady even let him in—he wouldn't have done the same if it were Keefe—especially if his emo arse was going to brood and ruin her mood.

"What was so important that you focused more on that than light leaping? You do realize how dangerous it is—" if she had the energy she would slap the shit eating grin off his face, because she knew he was going to milk it up for all it was worth. "—I was right, wasn't I."

"No one likes a cocky arse, Tammy."

Sophie could feel his scowl at his nickname, but that didn't deter his snarky attitude.

"I was right though, something suspicious is going down at that shop, and you still wanted to go with her."

"You don't get it," she breathed, tugging a few eyelashes free—a habitual tick that she thought she'd gotten rid of, "even though I knew it was a risk, I still went. It was like I had no self control, like there was something making me—I would have gone with her one way or another."

Tam analyzed her, and she knew what he was going to say next. She knew a great deal about her friend that not many knew, so when he opened his mouth she cut him off. "And no, it wasn't because she swayed me like a beguiled or a mesmer would have—their powers don't even work on me. There was just this natural connection that felt so...right."

There was a connection, between her and her supposide enemy, and the connection was stronger than she would have personally liked. And it was only possible because somehow her mind allowed it, it accepted the fact that she bore a connection to a traitorous elf.

He just stared, and she thought it was better than him saying anything—that was something she liked about her silver tipped friend. He wasn't one for words.

He was so opposite of Keefe—hated the blonde haired jokester even.

For a moment they just stared, "Well, it's around midday now—and I just missed my nap, so move over."

Sophie rolled her eyes, but did as he asked. "Is this how Elwin feels? Like a booty call?"

Her eyes popped out of her skull, "What? What do you mean?"

Tam rolled his misty eyes like the answer was obvious. He pushed her to the side of her own bed and settled his emo arse right down. "I mean, I was just lying in bed and listening to the music that you got me on that weird square thing when I got a message from your parents asking if I could come over."

She stared at him for a quick moment, "That is not what a booty call is, and I'm sure whatever Elwin is doing when my parents ring him is more important than 'just lying in bed and listening to music'."

"Well 'just lying in bed and listening to music' is very important to me, so shut the fuck up and let me sleep."

"I—you bloody arsehole, if you weren't my best friend I'd—"

In a flash, she hadn't even realized he moved, but he grabbed a pillow and brought it down on her face.

"Shut up," he whined, "shut your mind off for at least a few minutes."