28 [change]

And the last image she saw was a memory of those azure eyes.

——

The girl's eyes snap open.

Nyxen's eyes snap open.

Sophie's eyes snap open.

All her aliases were bleeding into one as she woke up, eyes snapping open and she gasped for air.

She was in a familiar room, but all her senses were buzzed—her vision blurry, hearing muted, voice gone.

No one was in the room when her vision became slightly less fuzzy, no one around making any noise either. The smell was fresh though, like someone was recently in the room, tending it to make sure the air wasn't stale.

Closing her eyes, she tried to remember everything that happened before waking up in the bed she slept in for the past few years at Havenfield. Because it wasn't a well rested feeling that overcame her when she woke, it was that I slept too long and now I'm even more tired feeling.

It was most likely a sedative making her feel this way—so what happened?

Sitting up, jostling the machine hooked up to her body in an odd human way, an echo of burning pain hit her chest.

And that was when she remembered.

The man touching her, the convulsing, the memories, Ruy, the lightning—the utter chaos.

Moving a hand with much wiring attached to it, she used the other to rip it all off—an annoying beeping sound starting because of it. But she didn't care as she hastily pulled the needles out, dribbles of blood leaking out of her pale, too pale, skin. Throwing off the covers, it was more than a little painful to do anything—the burning in her chest and the ache in her muscles.

The floor gave her a chilly shock as her soft tiny toes touched the cold marble ground. With both feet planted she tried to hobble out of her bed and out of her room, but that was no use as her useless legs nearly gave out as she only put half her weight on them.

Half of her body on the bed, the rest on the ground, she was left with no choice but to stay like that. Her breathing hard, the uncomfortable position not helping the aches of her body.

She could hardly move anymore, her body like lead, heavier than the moments before.

Gods, how long have I been asleep? It feels like there is no muscle at all.

"...Help..?"

Asking was weak of her, and there was this angry voice shouting in the back of her head—louder than it was the first time she'd heard it some time ago. Louder because something happened in her sleep, something changed in a way that made a connection with the inner words louder and more abundantly clear of a meaning.

Don't show weakness, you foolish foolish girl, it cawed at her, they are predators, and when they smell their prey, they will hunt. An they will kill.

Laying there, with that voice screaming in her mind, she did the best she could to remedy her situation. She grabbed onto the annoying, beeping metal machine and knocked it over. Crashing to the ground in a loud symphony, the beeping stopped, but only because the machine was completely obliterated.

And it shouldn't have been. Obliterated, she meant—or well not obliterated, but it definitely wasn't a working medical machine anymore.

Normally, a humongous metal thing would just hit the ground and make a hells of a loud noise. Dent if the person was unlucky enough, get scratched, but be completely fine after it hit the ground. But when the machine hit the ground, it crunched—it was turned into a big metal sphere. The sharp metal spikes ready to impale or cut anyone who would be stupid enough to touch it.