24 [dress]

Princess.

The word rang through her head as she scoffed.

Princess my arse.

After saying that, Fintan left her to ponder alone, saying that he needed air before excusing himself out of the room.

Sitting alone in the quaint little room gave her nostalgia and after going through what she knew in her mind, she triggered something and all the memories that were somehow being blocked out came rushing back in.

The nostalgia was because she was in the old room she used to use when she stayed at Elysian. And cursing herself when it flooded back, she realized that she just exposed Elwin to the shit storm coming, and that it was larger than she thought it was.

Which made the statement Princess more and more unbelievable.

It wasn't enough that she was somehow a witch, but also a princess.

This fate that everyone was starting to believe in was just becoming a web of lies and misconception. It wasn't fate that she was somehow a princess, it was a lie from her mother who she couldn't even recognize.

Growling to herself, she got off the bed—thankful that for once in her life there wasn't a mind-splitting headache ready to sweep her off her feet.

Which just reminded her of why she needed to get out of Elysian.

Her and Elwin both, because their disappearances wouldn't go unnoticed. And she didn't want to give her fake friends more of a to lock her in her bedroom and never let her out.

Leaving her old room—the room of the girl who was obsessed with flowers, books, and painting. She looked back to it with an envy for the younger version of herself who had this all to herself, but was torn away from it from a selfish mother.

Walking down the long hallways, she managed to avoid everyone—until she couldn't.

Right as she took a turn, she went head first into a tall, curvy flasher.

"Dios mio, Nyx!" Hazyll cheered, "You're awake—girl you seriously need to stop getting yourself into these mini comas! If you get one more it will be equivalent to the amount of time Keefe was in his one!"

It was meant to be a light jab, a joke, and somewhere in her mind, she knew that. But when she looked at her friend, instead of laughing, a chilly expression crossed her face as she stared at Hazel passively.

The smile fell off her face, "Is everything okay?"

"No, I need to leave."

She was going to get straight to the point. It was rude, but she genuinely believed with her whole heart that if she stayed any longer it would cause her more trouble than she was already in.

Recovering a little, Hazel plastered on a smile, "Oh yeah," she muttered with a cautionary laugh, "you best go before they start a manhunt, I mean you're gala is in a few hours and what would they do if the star of the show wasn't there."

With a nod, she hated the way she was acting to her friend, but she really wasn't in the mood for anything right now.

Something was different in her, and it wasn't just because she found out that she was a fucking princess witch, but because of something else that she couldn't quite name yet.

It was an ugly feeling that was targeting anyone she loved the most because she didn't want to get hurt. A notion in her brain that wanted to shove everyone away before they could hurt her again.

Moving towards anywhere away from Hazel, she paused mid step to turn back to her friend. "What about Elwin?"

"You mean the physician?" And when she nodded, Hazel waved a hand as if it was nothing. "It's fine, papi, erased his memories about everything that involved you. The last thing he remembers would be that Keefe was entering the Healing Center because Fitz nearly killed him."