25 [drinks]

Keefe watched from the entrance of Everglen as Sophie waltzed down the stairs.

Everyone was settling into their reserved places in the ballroom when the lights dimmed and a spotlight was shown on the stunning girl walking down the stairs like she didn't get her world flipped upside down less than twenty-four hours ago.

She was a vision in the deep red dress that hugged her body in a way that was just...very different from normal Sophie clothing. And he wasn't the only person watching her like a hawk, he passed by more and more people as he walked onto the dance floor by the stairs—and they all wore the same awed look.

Tearing through his hair, he took enormous pleasure in the look he got from Fitz as he bypassed his old best friend to greet Sophie at the bottom of the staircase. The prick had probably still thought his face was caved in and that Keefe had too much pride to go out, but he thought wrong because Elwin gave him this elixir that cleared everything up. Smirking at the infuriated boy, his eyes crinkled as he turned away to face Sophie who was barely holding a straight face after watching the battle of wills between him and Fitz.

Fitz was initially supposed to walk her into this whole bullshit gala, but Sophie hailed him not ten minutes ago to ask him to come early instead of with Ruy and the others to walk her into her 'doom' as she called it.

Giving him a breathtaking smile as she grabbed onto his extended hand, they began walking into the middle of the floor when he made eye contact with Biana who looked close to losing her shit. Her face was bright red and she looked like she was choking on air—she wasn't facing her brother, and he believed that if she did, she would double over and let out the obnoxious laugh he knew she wanted to release.

"My lady," he said, royally, "you look mighty fine this evening."

Her smile widened, "You don't look too bad yourself," she mused as she gave him elevator eyes, "I love the red tie by the way—how did we coordinate colors so perfectly?"

"I know right," he fake gasped, "at first I was going to show up in blue, but then I realized how hideous the color was."

Snorting, it drew more than a few eyes, but Sophie was beyond caring as she openly glared at the teal tunic—not tie—tunic that Fitz was wearing. As if the color teal itself wasn't gaudy enough for only a single piece of clothing. Fitz's everything was tea.

Nosy eyes collided with his as they widened at Sophie's blatant disregard for Fitz, and then the gossip was starting.

"What happened to you being introduced?" He questioned as he tried to stop in the middle of the floor but Sophie kept going.

Lip curling in disgust before she smoothed her expression, she sighed, "Me and Bi changed a few things," she said, whimsically, "this is my bloody party after all."

"Damn right it is." Biana called, coming out of nowhere as she grabbed Sophie's other hand and then found their way to a corner table where no one was by—though everyone started moving over when they saw that she was no longer in the center.

Settling in next to her, Biana sat on her other side while Tam sat next to the brunette girl and stared at her like a creep—though Keefe probably didn't have any right to judge because that was probably how he was looking at Sophie.

Laughing, Tam's misty eyes lightened as he smiled at Biana. "Why do I have a feeling that Fitz looking like an idiot has you two written all over it."

"What, me?" They both uttered at the same time. In perfect unison down to the very mocked expression on their faces, before breaking down into laughter.

"Well it's not like I didn't try to warn Fitz that there was no way in hell Soph was wearing teal—and then again, he was never the best at fashion," she shook her head in disappointment, "and sometimes I think he is actually colorblind."