18 [brother]

The girl's eyes widened to a point where she was like a fish. A no eyelided fish who couldn't possibly blink because fish have no eyelids.

Her first thoughts were selfish—because she didn't see Keefe, she saw Ruy. And her first thought was about their almost kiss—not the fact that both he and Keefe were out in the public.

"Keefe?" She squeaked, her eyes twitching as she regained her ability to blink her eyes.

Everyone was quiet and she could basically feel Fitz's icy glare from behind her.

"Keefe?" She was sure those around her thought her eyes were twitching because of joy. But she honestly wanted to smack the shit out of that dumb fucker—fuckers. "I—what?"

"Foster!" Keefe began again, then scooped her up in a big hug. "It's so good to see you!"

Yeah, it's not like I didn't just see you a day ago.

When he placed her on the ground, he grabbed Ruy's arm and she raised a confused brow, but the look Ruy gave her told her to just play along.

"This is my friend, he, uh, he ran away with me..." and all those nosy fuckers around them gasped, "Foster, meet Oryion Ignis, half brother of y'know, the fugitive, Ruy Ignis."

Bitch say what?

Her eyes were twitching like crazy.

"Nice going, dipshit," Ruy said in his crazy hot voice—wait a second... "don't worry, I split all ties with my family a long time ago."

"Is that supposed to be comforting?" She hissed into her hair as she played with it.

Ruy's eyes crinkled in amusement, "I guess not."

He suppressed a laugh at her expression by pursing his lips into a tight mocking smile, and she couldn't help but stare.

Those lips almost kissed her—almost kissed her this morning.

"Well, Oryion, it was nice meeting you—but I have to get to class." With a quick glare sent their way, she marched off with Tam and Biana rushing behind her.

Tam gave her one of those looks, but she didn't mind it as she tried to keep a pleasant look on her face.

After she settled into her first class, which was thankfully a study period, she didn't expect a tall dark haired boy to sit down next to her.

"Hey, Soph."

After giving him a once over that she knew he reveled in, she hissed, "What are you doing here?"

"In study hall? To study, I guess."

"No," she grumbled, "what are you doing here."

He didn't respond until after she kicked him in the leg.

"Uh, your teacher is giving us the stink eye."

"Just answer the gods damned question, dumbarse."

Ruy rolled his eyes—and like it was pretty hot... "Daddy dearest sent me."

"You sound like Keefe."

"He's not that bad company to be honest."

She deadpanned, "I'm going to pretend like you didn't just say that so we can remain friends."

"Oh, so I am your friend."

"You—"

"Miss Foster. Mr I-Ignis. Detention. I expected better from someone who's been here for as long as you have Miss Foster." The advising professor scolded, causing more than a few to laugh at her.