Chapter 7: The Wolf's First Mission

I do not own Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, Akame ga Kill or A Needed Hero by AceAkuma. They belong to their respective owners.

Enjoy.
_____________________________________________

Akame continue to knock on the door to wake up Sekiro in preparation for breakfast at hand. Unfortunately, he seemed to be really unresponsive now.

'Why isn't he answering?' Akame thought as she tried to spin the knob and when she did, she realized that it is open, 'Why isn't he locking the door?' Akame thought in confusion at Sekiro's carelessness.

When Akame finally come inside, she look at a very strange sight.

Sekiro is on the floor instead of the bed while both his weapons, the katana and the other larger katana, is placed on one of the walls.

This made Akame confused on his sleeping arrangements, "Sekiro?"

Sekiro seemed to have heard her call and look up to see Akame looking at him, "What is it, Akame?"

"I was about to tell you we are going to make breakfast for the team but..." Akame asked inquisitively, "Why are you sleeping on the floor?"

"...... That is how I always sleep." He answered.

"Really?" Akame said, feeling slightly aghast.

"Yes, it is how father tell me too. He said that comfort is a sign of weakness. And that is how I sleep." Sekiro said before he put his hand on his chin and said, "Maybe."

This made Akame narrowed her eyes in disgust at what Sekiro called his father had told him too. Then she realized something, 'Sekiro had a father? Could he be the reason for his skills?' Akame thought at the notion of what kind of father would treat their own child like this.

She just shakes her head and said, "Well, anyway, you need to get up now. We are going to make breakfast."

"Understood." Sekiro said curtly and Akame just flinched at how very monotonous he is and he doesn't hesitate at following orders, 'Is this how everyone feels about me?' She thought.

As Sekiro is done getting his things, he then followed Akame to the kitchen.

Up until he called him, "Sekiro..."

"Hmmm? What is it, Akame?"

"You don't need to get hard with yourself, Sekiro. No one will complain if you sleep on the bed."

"I will do what I must. That is all." Sekiro said, still as curtly as ever as Akame frowned at this.

'Sekiro. What are you really?' She thought in regards to Night Raid's enigmatic new member.
_____________________________________________

"I have to thank Ieyasu and Sayo, for helping me cook but I didn't sign up for this." Tatsumi groaned.

"More please."

"Oh, can I have seconds as well?"

"Ooh, me too."

"Seconds."

"Oi... newbies... seconds."

Tatsumi gritted his teeth in annoyance as the rest of the team enjoyed their breakfast. Sekiro, on the other hand, continue to stare at a spinach while having a kitchen knife in hand.

"Hey, Sekiro. Do you know how to use a knife?" Tatsumi asked, being confused by Sekiro still standing with a knife in hand while looking at the spinach on the board.