Chapter 8: Kill for a Great Cause

I do not own Akame ga Kill, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and A Needed Hero. They belong to their respective owners.

Enjoy.
_____________________________________________

As Sekiro is busy tending to his Kusabimaru, still holding his Immortal Severance Sword and his prosthetic Ningishu, he then grabbed the map showed where his target is at and as he then clasped both of his hands and prayed, he then finish as he is about to go until-

"Akame!"

Sekiro said in his still muted shock, staring at Akame who is standing right in front of him, "What are you doing here?"

"I... I just wanted to see you off, that's all." Akame answered.

"I see." Sekiro said, "Is there a reason why?"

"...... It's... It's nothing." Akame said and as Sekiro is walking past her, he then felt a hand grabbed his prosthetic arm and look to see Akame hold him.

This made Sekiro look at her in confusion before he heard her say, "Please, complete your mission and come back safely, okay?"

This made Sekiro just tilt his head at her before grunting and said, "I will not fail." He said as he then walked away from Akame who is not entirely convinced.
_____________________________________________

In the middle of the night...

Sekiro then used his prosthetic grappling hook to swing himself from tree after tree as he followed the path to where his mission is at.

After finally land on the branch of the tree, he then look down and saw the camp up ahead.

Said camp is surrounded by barricades of spikes all over and is full of guards patrolling the area.

And inside the barricades are all the cages full of innocent people that they had captured with some even being beaten by the guards.

Sekiro grunts for himself before he jump down from the branch and used his grappling hook again, attaching to the barricade walls as he jump over it.

Sekiro then land and quickly hide beneath some crates as two guards walked passed him.

As Sekiro hide, he eavesdrop their conversation.

"The sooner I'm over this shit, the sooner I can finally retire."

"What's the matter? Are you feeling sorry for the prisoners?"

"Dude, you really think that this prisoners actually did something bad? We both know how the Empire works. They pissed off some officials, they get imprisoned with false evidence, end of story. Also, I'm not feeling sorry. That's what they get for being idiots. I want to get my paycheck and retire. Being a guard is tiring to me."

"Yeah, whatever. Just don't let the captain hear about what you said. You know how good he is with that halberd."

"I noticed. Gotta admit that the guy is a prick but he is real good with that halberd of is. Still, skill ain't nothing when you can still bleed, burned, poisoned or whatever for all I care. The captain can try to act all tough but he is just as human as you and I."

"I can't deny that."

Sekiro is done eavesdropping as he continue sneaking away from the guards as he crouch down to avoid being seen.

Sekiro then noticed a single guardsman seemed to be by his lonesome as he look around and started to piss at some bushes.

As the lone guardsman whistle, he then felt a hand covering his mouth and before he could cry out in surprise, he was stabbed from the back by Sekiro ramming his Kusabimaru into the back of his chest.