Chapter 9: A Care Unnecessary or Not

So, how was the previous chapter? Kind of awesome, right? Give me some ideas and I'll listen in due shortly.

Regardless...

Disclaimer: I do not own Akame ga Kill, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and A Needed Hero. They belong to their respective owners.

Enjoy.
_____________________________________________

An hour has passed as Sekiro continue to shoot his grappling and swing around the forest as much as he can to travel as he returned to Night Raid's base of operation while the only light is the moon illuminating the sky.

Sekiro then land on where the base was at, almost close to it as he is about to walk towards it.

Suddenly, he heard a rustle in the bushes as Sekiro look behind as he takes his stance and almost unsheathe his Kusabimaru, ready to kill with impunity.

A rustle in the bushes are set and Sekiro fully unsheathe Kusabimaru, ready to strike at a moment's notice.

Instead, his blade almost struck Akame who look rather surprised by the blade almost at her throat, "Sekiro?"

"Akame?" Sekiro said before he then sheathed his sword back, "What are you doing here?"

"You were taking too long. I was wondering if you encounter any problems." Akame said.

"Sorry. Just need to get the keys to save some people. Too long to know which key is it. Too many." Sekiro said to her.

"I see." Akame said before looking at Sekiro again.

Akame then stare at Sekiro's body as he examined him. She then started to reach her hand towards Sekiro only to be grabbed by him in the wrist.

Akame looked stunned before Sekiro gripped her hand tight, looking at each other in the eye.

Akame give a slight blush from the closeness of it all while Sekiro just stare at her with a steely gaze.

"What are you doing?" Sekiro asked her.

"I... I was trying to find out if you were poisoned. I... once witnessed someone having died because they are proud that they accomplished something." Akame reasoned to him.

"I have been poisoned before. I can tell if I was poisoned. You do not need to do this." Sekiro said to her.

Akame looked downcast at his statement until he heard, "But... better safe than sorry." Sekiro said as he let go of Akame's wrist.

As Akame massaged her wrist, feeling how hard he grabbed, Sekiro finally stripped off his clothing and Akame looked at the ghastly sight.

Thought there is no injury, there is no denying that Sekiro's body is riddled with so many scars from top to bottom. So much so was that Akame could not believe that he could have survived from any of this.

Then Akame look at Sekiro's prosthetic and winced at it, seeing that it is literally a prosthetic arm thought unlike Najenda's mechanical arm, this one is made of bones that can only be held together through ropes and all.

The sight of it all made Akame winced at this before remarking, "Sekiro, what happened to your arm?"

Sekiro just calmly look at her in silence, his face sporting the emotionless and stoicism that even makes her look more emotional until he finally said, "It happened through a battle, protecting my lord."

"Your... Lord?" Akame questioned.

"Yes, I am duty bound to protect and serve my lord at any cost. I first fought one who wanted my lord for himself so I protected him with everything I can give. However, just as I proved victorious, I was distracted and finally, my arm was cut." Sekiro explained while showing his Shinobi Prosthetic at her.