6 - Date Nights

***3 MONTHS LATER***

Frank never contacted Evelyn about Diane solving the millennium problem. We kept the paperwork in the house since Diane didn't want to turn it in just yet, she was unsure of what to do.

I was working at the daycare one day when the main phone rang.

"Vee, it's for you!" The lady at the desk yelled. I put the baby down I was holding and rushed to the phone.

"This is Vee." I said

"Vee, it's Diane." She said and I smiled.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah..." She said.

"Is Mary okay?" I asked.

"She is perfect." Diane said.

"Diane what's wrong?" I asked and she sighed.

"Nothing I was just wondering if you could come over tonight. I need to talk to you." She said and I sighed.

"I have a date right after work, how about I come over tomorrow morning and I cook us some waffles." I said and she sighed.

"Yeah, that's okay I guess..." Diane said and sounded unsure of herself. I was worried.

"You know what I'll cancel my date, bring over some dinner and be there tonight." I said.

"No way! Go on your date, waffles tomorrow." She said and I sighed.

"Okay, sounds good. I love you and I'll see you in the morning." I said.

"I love you too." She said and hung up. I looked at the daycare looked to be under control by the other workers and I looked at the time. I knew he would be in his office, so I called the office number.

"Frank Adler's office." Joel said answering the phone.

"Hey Joel, it's Vienna. Is Frank available?" I asked.

"Yeah, give me a minute." He said and put me on hold to transfer me. The phone was then picked up.

"Hey Vee, what's up?" Frank asked and I sighed.

"Are you going home after work?" I asked.

"No, I have a date why?" Frank asked and I sighed.

"Diane just called me and asked me to come over tonight, but I have a date too. I offered to cancel but she told me not to worry about it. I plan on going over tomorrow and having a waffle breakfast. I'm just worried something is up." I said and Frank sighed.

"I'm sure she is okay. I will call her tonight when I get off before my date." Frank said and I sighed.

"Frank...can't you make a stop home?" I asked, he groaned.

"No, I'm sorry. Going right after school." Frank said and I sighed.

"Fine, just call me tonight, okay?" I asked.

"I will, don't worry and have a good time on your date. I will see you tomorrow morning." Frank said.

"Yeah, you have a good time too." I said and we hung up.

I went back to work and worried all day. I tried not to, but I was. Once my shift was over, I changed my clothes for my date in the bathroom and headed to the bar where I was meeting my date for drinks. I smiled seeing him and he smiled at me.

"Brendan." I said and he nodded. He hugged me as I took the stool next to him and ordered my drink. As we got talking, I looked down the bar and saw Frank on his date and huffed a laugh.

"Problem?" Brendan asked and I shook my head.

"No, just someone I know if also on a date here tonight." I said and he smiled.

"Well local bar I guess." He said and I nodded.

"Yeah, I guess so." I said and Frank noticed me and gave me a small wave and I gave him one as well. I went back to Brendan and was having a great time.

💕 💕 💕

My date was going so well, and I was loving getting to know Brendan. As I was laughing about something he said Frank came rushing up to me.

"Hey, sorry to interrupt..." Frank said and looked at both of us.

"Frank?" I asked concerned and he sighed.

"I just got a call from my neighbor, she was getting out of her car in the driveway next to my house. Mary is screaming her head off and Diane won't open the door. We need to get home." Frank panicked and I looked at Brendan. I had told him about Mary.

"Go, I'll call you in a few days." Brendan said and I smiled. I got up, kissed his cheek then Frank and I rushed out.

"Let's take my car! We will come back and get yours later." Frank said and I nodded. Frank broke all speed limit laws and we rushed to the house. As we got to the door we heard Mary and rushed in. I saw her sitting in her playpen screaming and crying her head off. I picked her up and held her to calm her down.

"Hey Mary, I got you baby girl, it's okay." I said bouncing her as he started to calm down.

"Diane! Open the damn door!" I heard Frank yell and I rushed to where he was, and he was pushing on the bathroom door.

"Frank?!" I asked panicked.

"Call 9-1-1!" Frank yelled to me, and I pulled out my cellphone as Frank finally pushed door open enough and got in the bathroom. "Oh my god! Diane!" Frank yelled and I went running down to the bathroom and saw what I thought I would never see. Diane was laying on the bathroom floor, face pale white and unresponsive.

"Frank?!" I screamed.

"CALL 9-1-1!!" Frank yelled at me, and I fumbled with my phone as Frank started CPR on Diane.