24 - Life You Deserve

***FRANK POV***

I woke up the next morning and pushed the blankets off of me. I was sweating and gross, I felt so much better than I had been. I saw the pills and bottle of water on the nightstand and gave a small smile knowing Vee was still here and taking care of me.

I wondered where she was sleeping...she wasn't in bed with me, not that I expected her to be since I was sick but I knew she wouldn't be in Mary's room nor the spare room since that had no bed. I sat up and took the pills...I then got to thinking about everything that I could remember from being sick.

I went to pick Mary up from school but it wasn't my day so Vee brought me home and somehow got my truck home. I would work on filling in the gaps. The one gap I didn't need filled in was what happened at the end of the night before I was fully asleep.

I asked Vee to marry me...not in the most traditional way and not in any way I ever planned but I did it anyway. I would be lying if I said I hadn't been wanting Vee to marry me, the ring in my nightstand was a good indication of that. We may not have been dating long but I had known Vee long enough to know this is what I wanted. I wasn't sure where she was and I didn't even know how to broach this subject now, I may have completely fucked it all up.

There was a small knock on my door and then it opened and I saw Vee standing there was a cup and a small plate of something.

"Hey, I wasn't sure if you would be awake." Vee said. I smiled as she walked in and sat on the edge of the bed by me after setting the mug down on the nightstand. She leaned in and felt my forehead.

"Well you fever has broken, that's a good sign." Vee said and I nodded.

"Well I had a good nurse." I said and she smiled slightly shaking her head.

"I did what any decent girlfriend would do Frank." Vee said and I shook my head and took her hand in mine.

"You did way more than needed. I don't usually like being taken care of when I'm sick." I said and Vee sighed.

"Listen, get over it Adler. I wanted to do this so accept it." Vee said and I smiled at her. "Speaking of accepting things..." Vee trailed off and I sighed.

"Vee..."

"No Frank, we need to talk about it. You can't just think away what you said." Vee said.

"I don't want to think it away. I want to just say...please don't accept that proposal. Please..." I said and Vee laughed.

"Well this is interesting, a guy proposes then begs me not to accept it..." Vee said and I smiled at her.

"Just give me a chance to really plan something..." I said. Vee stood up and gave a small nod.

"You do whatever you have to do Frank but just so you know...." Vee started to say and walked to the bedroom door. "I was going to accept last night's proposal, if you had meant it." Vee said and walked out.

I watched her walk out and I was in complete shock. She was going to accept it and I took it back. Now what do I do? I fought the urge to grab the ring, run out and ask her again but knew she deserved more.

"I'm going to work for a few hours! Eat your toast and drink the tea!" Vee yelled and I heard the front door shut.

Did she not want to see me anymore before she went to work...did I upset her? I needed to make this right and fast.

✨✨✨

***VEE POV***

It was a few days later, Frank was feeling better, Mary was back home and back to school, and I was getting ready to go back to my apartment after we had a family dinner Monday night. Frank had the day off from teaching and I was off work so while we were in the house alone, we made the most of it.

We were lying in bed covered up, naked and making out. Frank was hovering over me and I smiled as we broke apart.

"I love you." I said and Frank smiled.

"I love you." Frank said as he leaned down and kissed me one more time as his lips moved from mine to my jawline then down to my neck and I moaned. Frank then moved to set himself between my legs and I felt him growing hard again. I felt the tip running along my slit and I reached down between the two of us and guided Frank inside of me and he grunted as I did.

"Again? Two times isn't enough?" Frank asked and I shook my head.

"I can never have enough of you Franklin." I said with a giggle, and he laughed as he pulled out and rammed back into me making me cry out.

"Whatever you want Vienna." Frank said and started stroking himself in and out at me at a slow and steady pace. I loved how loving Frank could be, but this isn't what I wanted.

"Harder and faster..." I breathed out and Frank nodded as quickly adjusted his pace. Soon we were both crying out in release and Frank rolled beside me and I placed my head on his chest.

"So, I was thinking..." Frank said as we caught our breath, and we were silent for a few minutes.

"About?" I asked.

"About you moving back in." Frank said and I looked up at him.

"We discussed this, I was going to keep my place for now." I said and Frank sighed.

"Right, keep it as we were dating. What if though..." Frank said reaching in his nightstand and pulling out a small black small box and opening it. "You moved back in as my fiancé." Frank said and I sat up in shock but stayed covered up and Frank sat up as well.

"Frank...." I said.

"Listen, this isn't much better than me proposing having a fever, but I can't wait to plan something Vienna. I love you. Diane having Mary was one of the best gifts we could have ever been given. It brought us all together and brought you to me. Not only did I get Mary, but I also got you. I knew it didn't seem perfect at first and things were tense, but you were all I wanted in my life Vienna. I want us to continue this life together and give us the future we are meant to have. Will you please marry me?" Frank asked and I smiled at him. I placed a hand on the back of his neck and pulled him into a passionate kiss.

"Yes." I said as our lips barely parted. "Yes Franklin." I said and he slightly shook his head. He took the ring from the box and placed it on my finger. He then lifted my left hand to his lips and kissed the ring.

 He then lifted my left hand to his lips and kissed the ring

"I will give you the life you have always deserved." Frank said and I shook my head.

"Just give me the life we have Frank. As long as I have you and Mary...that's all I need." I said and he smiled. He leaned his forehead on mine.