𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓧

Without hesitation, I killed two Titans who stood in front of me, their massive bodies crashing to the ground. As I turned back to Mikasa, I noticed her unwavering gaze fixed upon me, her eyes scanning my body for any signs of injury. 

Her concern for my well-being was both comforting and a reminder of the dangers that surrounded us.

Just as we caught our breath, our eyes widened in alarm as a Titan appeared, sprinting toward us at full speed. A surge of anger coursed through me as I realized its trajectory was aimed directly at the nearby gate. 

" Damn, why is it ignoring us ?!". One soldier exclaimed, frustration evident in his voice.

" It's an Aberrant ! Don't overthink it !". Another soldier responded urgently.

" It's fast ! Even we elites can't catch up to it ?! At this rate...". The soldier's voice trailed off, his concern hanging heavily in the air.

Mikasa and I exchanged a determined glance, silently understanding the gravity of the situation. Without a moment's hesitation, we charged forward, our weapons at the ready. I swiftly aimed my blades at the Titan's ankles, cutting deep to slow its momentum. 

Mikasa swiftly followed, striking with her unparalleled precision, bringing the towering creature crashing to the ground.

" Estella !". Isaac's little voice broke through my thoughts, filled with equal parts relief and fear.

I swiftly leaped off the fallen Titan's body, scanning the area to find Isaac and Eliza. Their frightened expressions mirrored my own concerns.

" What are you still doing here ? I thought you would have left by now". I asked, my worry evident in my voice.

Isaac's voice trembled as he responded," This man has arrived, and he doesn't want to let us go".

I furrowed my brows, directing my attention to the man who seemed to be causing them distress. He began to speak, his words laced with an arrogance that grated on my nerves.

" Oh, perfect timing. Hey, you ! Make these people help me out ! I'll reward you handsomely !". The man exclaimed, a smug smirk playing at the corners of his mouth.

What a swine, I thought with a mixture of annoyance and disdain. The audacity of this man, taking advantage of innocents in the midst of a crisis.

" Our comrades are dying right now. Because the evacuation is lagging, they're fighting the Titans and dying". Mikasa interjected, her voice tinged with disbelief and anger as she confronted the man.

" 'Course they are ! It's your duty to offer your lives to protect citizens and their property, is it not ?! Don't get full of yourselves just because you freeloaders are finally doing your job after a hundred years !". The man retorted, his voice dripping with condescension.

A surge of rage coursed through me, tightening my jaw and igniting a fire within my chest. I locked eyes with Mikasa, and the silent understanding between us spoke volumes.