𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓧𝓘𝓘𝓘

Pixis looked at Eren with his keen eyes, studying him for a moment before a satisfied smile crept across his face. The weight of his approval seemed to hang in the air as he nodded in affirmation.

" Well said," Pixis praised, his voice commanding attention." You're quite the man. Staff officers, assemble ! Prepare to strategize !".

The abruptness of Pixis' order left the area buzzing with a mix of anticipation and apprehension. 

" What ? Seriously ?" Armin's voice quivered with nervousness." Calling this plan 'optimistic' would be an understatement. How can we just go ahead with it ?".

Eren replied calmly," I agree with you... but it's pointless to question his decision. I'm sure Commander Pixis can see something we can't".

" Something we can't see ?". Armin's voice trembled with curiosity and confusion.

Eren nodded, his gaze fixed on the ground as if lost in contemplation. Armin leaned closer, urging Eren to share his thoughts.

" Besides, there's probably a fundamental issue to deal with before executing the plan," Eren retorted, finally meeting Armin's gaze." I'm sure the Commander is fully cognizant of that".

Armin's eyes widened with realization, and his voice trailed off, leaving the unspoken conclusion hanging in the air.

This means that the Titans are not our only enemy, I thought, my mind piecing together the fragments of their conversation. 

After talking to some soldiers, Pixis came back to see us, his face grave with the weight of the impending battle. 

" Time is of the essence. We have a role for you to fulfill, young soldiers". He announced, his voice carrying a sense of urgency.

We nodded with determination, knowing that the fate of the town rested on our shoulders. It was time to take back what was rightfully ours from those towering monstrosities known as Titans.

I paused for a moment, watching what was happening below, beneath the cold stone wall, to listen to the murmurs of the soldiers below. The tension in the air was palpable, to say the least.

" Cadet Potter, a moment please". Pixis called out, interrupting my thoughts.

I turned to face him, noticing Eren by his side. A sense of curiosity mingled with apprehension as I made my way toward them. It seemed Pixis wanted to speak to the two of us privately, away from the prying ears of other soldiers.

We walked in silence for a few moments.

Finally, he broke the silence," It's said that before the Titans claimed dominance of the land, mankind was locked in endless bloody battles over differences in race and ideals. Supposedly, someone then said, 'If something beyond man appeared before us as a powerful foe, mankind will take up arms together in unity.' What do you both make of that ?".

I furrowed my brow, pondering over the Commander's words. 

" It sounds boring to me, sir". I responded, my voice laced with skepticism.

Eren seemed lost in thought, contemplating the significance of the legend Pixis had shared. After a few moments, he spoke up. 

" There's a legend like that ? Well, it seems rather optimistic. Doesn't interest me, though". He replied, his tone tinged with indifference.

A smile crept across Pixis' face, his eyes gleaming with amusement. 

" Your characters are quite cynical, much like myself". He chuckled, finding common ground with us.