𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓧𝓘𝓧

It's been like an eternity since we entered the dense forest. The atmosphere was tense, heavy with the anticipation of danger lurking in the shadows.

" Captain... Captain Levi !". Eren called out for him, his voice barely audible over the rustling of the leaves.

" What ?". The Captain replied with annoyance, his eyes scanning the surrounding trees.

" Well... We're in the middle of the woods ! If the center enters alone, we won't know if Titans are approaching ! It seems something is approaching us from the right... How are we supposed to dodge the Titans or protect the carts ?". Eren asked, concern evident in his eyes.

" Don't go on and on about the obvious. We can't do that anymore, of course". Captain Levi remarked.

" Th-then why ?". Eren inquired nervously.

" Look around, Eren. At all these big-ass trees. It's the perfect environment for 3D Maneuver Gear. And try to use that tiny brain of yours...If you don't want to die, think". Captain Levi retorted, his steely gaze meeting Eren's.

" Yes, sir !". Eren replied, determination flashing across his face.

At this, I heard Draco snickering, making Eren glaring at him, but I quickly nudged Draco, silencing him. Eren's grin returned, and I could tell he appreciated the gesture. However, when I looked at my other comrades, all I could see on their faces was confusion and nervousness.

" What the hell ? Seriously ? Damn it all... What the hell is going on here ?". Oluo muttered, frustration evident in his tone.

His words echoed the collective confusion and unease that we all felt. We were soldiers, trained to follow orders without question, yet something about this mission seemed off. The secrecy surrounding it raised suspicions and left us wondering why it was being kept hidden.

A troubling thought entered my mind. Could it be that nobody in the Corps knew the full extent of the plan ? Perhaps the higher-ups suspected a traitor within our ranks, someone who might jeopardize the mission if they were aware of its details. The idea sent shivers down my spine, realizing that even amidst our own comrades, trust was fragile.

My thoughts were interrupted when a black smoke round was fired behind us.

" A black smoke round ?!". Eren exclaimed, his eyes wide with surprise.

" It's from directly behind us !". Gunther stated, his voice tense.

" It's whatever was coming toward us on the right". Eld added, trying to assess the situation.

" Draw your blades". Captain Levi ordered firmly.

Like the Captain, I drew my blade, looking around nervously to find where this Titan might be lurking.

" If we see it, it'll only be for a second". The Captain warned us, his eyes scanning the area intently.

Time seemed to slow as we all looked around anxiously. Suddenly, a soldier flew through the air, and before we could react, a massive Titan sprinted forward and swatted the soldier out of the way as if he was a mere insect.

At this sight, Draco couldn't contain his fear and let out a scream, quickly covering his mouth with his hand.

" What the hell is this ?!". Draco wondered, his voice trembling.

" Go !". Captain Levi's voice cut through the tension, leaving no room for hesitation.

Without a second thought, we urged our horses to go faster. The Female Titan, as it appeared to be, was not like the ones we usually fought. It seemed smarter, more calculated, much like Eren or the Colossal Titan and the Armored Titan.