𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓧𝓥

The Captain quickly introduced us to his squad, their names echoing in my mind as I struggled to remember each one. They all seemed nice to me, except for Oluo, who stood out as a particularly peculiar individual. 

There was something about him that rubbed me the wrong way, making it difficult for me to warm up to him like I had with the others.

With the introductions concluded, we set off towards the dense forest ahead. Riding alongside Petra and the Captain, I couldn't help but notice the tension emanating from Eren, who was positioned just in front of us. Captain Levi had been directing nothing but glares his way ever since we left the base, leaving Eren visibly unsettled.

As we continued on our path, Oluo broke the silence with an unexpected remark about the former Survey Corps HQ. 

His words carried a mix of disdain and sarcasm," The former Survey Corps HQ. As an old castle that was renovated to be our base, it definitely looks extravagant. But since it's this far away from the walls and the river, it really wasn't something we needed". Oluo voiced his discontent.

I seized the opportunity to strike up a conversation with Petra, who rode beside me

Leaning closer to her, I whispered," Hey, Petra...".

She turned her gaze toward me, her eyes sparkling with curiosity," Yes ?".

" Is he always like this ?". I asked, imitating Oluo's smug expression.

Petra looked at me for a moment, her lips twitching with a hint of amusement, before she burst out laughing. 

" Maybe not always, but it's been like that for a long time. It's even tiring". She confessed, shaking her head.

Her response immediately reminded me of someone I knew all too well. 

" Yeah, I know someone like that who keeps his arrogant façade up all the time. It's hard to see the real him". I stated, recalling my encounters with Draco.

" Oh ? Who is he ? Your boyfriend ?". Petra asked, her voice laced with a mischievous smirk. 

I scoffed, shaking my head." No, nothing like that. If I were with him, my brother would have a heart attack. He's a Malfoy, and his father is someone who thinks he's above everyone else. Unfortunately, Draco was raised that way too". I explained, my voice tinged with a mix of frustration and amusement.

" His father seems to be a royal jerk". Petra commented, her tone filled with sympathy.

I laughed, feeling a sense of connection with Petra," You're absolutely right ! I knew I was going to like you".

Petra gave me a small smile before glancing away, her cheeks slightly flushed.

Refocusing my attention on the ongoing conversation between Eren and Oluo, I noticed Eren steal a glance in my direction, only to quickly avert his gaze upon encountering the Captain's stern look. The tension in the air was palpable as Oluo attempted to assert his dominance over Eren.