𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓧𝓥𝓘

I ended up waking up quite early this morning. As I was changing, I heard someone knocking frantically on my door. 

" Estella ! Are you awake ?". Someone asked urgently.

Startled, I hurried to open it, finding Petra standing outside with a worried expression.

" Yes !". I replied, hastily putting on my jacket. 

I stepped out of the room, joining Petra in the hallway.

" What's wrong ? Did Oluo bother you ?". I inquired, playfully but with a hint of concern when I saw her grave expression.

She managed a small smile," No, don't worry. But the two Titans we had captured were killed".

My eyes widened, and a surge of disbelief washed over me. We walked quickly to the courtyard, where everyone else had gathered, ready to depart.

" Hey, Stella". Eren greeted me with big dark circles under his eyes.

" Eren, you look exhausted...". I said sympathetically.

Eren sighed heavily," Yeah... Squad Leader Hange kept me up all night".

" Poor Jay... You can rest your head on my shoulder later if you like. In the meantime, we'd better get going". I suggested, mounting my horse and riding up toward Captain Levi.

" R-right !". Eren agreed, sounding a bit relieved.

We soon arrived in town to witness Hange crying their eyes out over the bodies of the two Titans. It was a heart-wrenching sight.

 It was a heart-wrenching sight

" Sawney ! Bean ! Tell me... Tell me this isn't true !". Hange shouted, their voice filled with grief.

Poor Hange... It hurt me deeply to see them like that.

" Our valuable test subjects... Was it a soldier ?". Gunther asked, his voice filled with concern.

" Yes. The culprit is still on the loose. Apparently, it all happened before sunrise. When a guard noticed, they got away with their 3DM Gear". Eld explained, his tone grim.

" So it was a premeditated operation by at least two people ?". Gunther wondered aloud, his brows furrowed in thought.

" Sawney !". Hange yelled in anguish.

Oluo, always quick to make sarcastic remarks, smirked," Look at that. Squad Leader Hange's going mad".

Petra and I exchanged glares before she elbowed Oluo in the ribs, making him huff in pain. I decided to approach Hange, placing my hand gently on their shoulder.

" I'm really sorry for what happened, Hange". I told them, trying to offer some comfort.

" That's... really... horrible". Hange managed to say between sobs, their voice filled with sorrow.