𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓧𝓧𝓥

Third person POV :

Two days had passed since the operation was launched, and tension loomed over the walls of the city. Draco stayed alongside the Commander and the Captain, strategizing and coordinating the mission. Meanwhile, Armin was tasked with a crucial role—he had to find a way to lure Annie away from the watchful eyes of the Military Police.

In a dimly lit alleyway, Armin anxiously waited for the opportune moment to approach Annie. His heart raced as he knew the success of the plan rested heavily on this encounter.

" Annie". Armin whispered aloud, his voice carrying an edge of urgency, capturing her attention instantly.

Annie halted in her tracks, scanning her surroundings for potential threats. When the members of the Military Police finally disappeared from her sight, she turned and hurried down the alleyway to confront Armin.

" Hey. You're one of the Military Police now, aren't you ?". Armin remarked, his voice calm despite the nerves gnawing at him.

" Armin... Why are you dressed like that ?". Annie inquired, confusion etched on her face.

" I'm a pack bearer. I have my 3D Maneuver Gear hidden under my raincoat. Look". Armin explained, revealing the concealed equipment.

Annie frowned, unsure of what to make of the situation," What's going on ?".

" Annie, would you assist me in helping Stella and Eren escape ?". Armin asked earnestly.

Annie's eyes widened at the mention of Stella's name," Stella ? And escape where ? If you disobey the monarchy, where will you go inside these walls ?".

" We'll just hide for a while. I don't intend to fight the monarchy head-on. It will be reported as a rebellion by a portion of the Survey Corps. It'll buy time, time we'll spend finding enough ammunition to counter the other factions at the tribunal. And we will find it". Armin replied, his voice unwavering with determination.

" Enough ammunition ? Is something so convenient just lying around ? What's your evidence ?". Annie probed.

" I'm sorry, but I can't say". Armin replied, regret lacing his words.

Annie hesitated for a moment before responding," Sorry, but I can't help you. I won't tell anyone, but you'll have to do it on your own".

Armin knew he had to play his last card, for Stella and Eren's lives depended on it," Annie ! Please ! Eren will be killed ! And I know that Estella will quickly be the next one !".

Annie's eyes widened with fear at the thought of Estella's life being in danger.

" Clueless people who only care about saving their own skin will unwittingly set humanity on a path toward self-destruction! I know I can't convince you. But even so... I have to make a big wager !". Armin pleaded, his voice cracking with emotion.

Annie was torn, her resolve wavering. In a moment of vulnerability, she let her guard down slightly.

" Of course, I'll do my best to avoid causing you trouble. But to get through the checkpoints in Wall Sina, I need Military Police help ! This is the only way !". Armin implored.

Annie furrowed her brows, contemplating the consequences of her decision," Armin... Do I really look like such a good person to you ?".

" A good person ? Well... I don't really like that term. Because to me, it just seems to mean someone who's good for you. And I don't think there's any one person who's good for everyone. So if you don't help me... then, to me, you're a bad person, right ?". Armin retorted, challenging her perspective.