𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓧𝓧𝓘𝓘𝓘

Third person POV :

Inside the cart, Eren finally woke up in a jolt, looking around. His head was pounding, and his body felt sore from the battle with the Female Titan. He tried to sit up, but a sharp pain shot through his head, forcing him to wince and lie back down.

" Eren," Mikasa's voice reached his ears, filled with relief." Eren, you should rest". She said gently, placing a hand on his shoulder.

Eren couldn't reply immediately, taking a moment to gather his thoughts. He realized that he wasn't inside the dense forest anymore; instead, he could see the familiar wide fields surrounding them. 

" What about the Female Titan ? And Stella... She is...". Eren's voice trailed off, his worry evident.

Draco, who was sitting across from them, spoke up," She's right here, Jaeger. And as for the Female Titan, it got away".

Eren turned around and looked at Estella with a mixture of relief and concern in his teal eyes. Tears began to well up in his eyes as he gently squeezed her hand.

" I thought she was dead," Eren whispered, his voice trembling." I saw the Female Titan send her slamming into trees."

" Estella is too strong to die because of a tree. After all, she's the Girl Who Lived, right ?". Draco reassured.

Still holding firmly onto Estella's hand, Eren turned towards Mikasa, his mind flooded with questions. 

" What about the others ? What about the plan ?".

Mikasa's face tensed, her gaze locked on the wall they were approaching," It failed".

Eren tried to sit up again, but Mikasa gently pushed him back down. 

" Rest for the time being, Eren," she instructed." You need to recover".

He sighed, realizing he was in no condition to argue," What is this ? Did you save me again ?".

Mikasa ignored his question, her attention fixated on the wall," We're almost to the walls".

In the town, the atmosphere was tense as people awaited the return of the soldiers. Their expressions, however, were far from happy upon seeing the state of the weary soldiers.

" Isn't there fewer than there were this morning ? Man...". A man stated with disdain as he glanced at the depleted ranks of the returning soldiers.

" Far fewer... Another disaster". Scoffed another man, his disappointment evident.

" Just this morning, they left raising a ruckus, and they're already back ? What was the point ?". Questioned a third man, clearly frustrated.

" Who knows ? But judging by their gloomy expressions, they managed to waste more of our taxes, if nothing else". Retorted his friend.

Eren clenched his jaw, struggling to sit up, and glared at the townspeople, irritated by their lack of understanding.

" Eren, just bear with it". Mikasa advised him.

" She's right. There's no point talking to them". Draco added, trying to defuse the situation.

But a tiny voice interrupted the tense atmosphere, capturing everyone's attention.

" Mom ! Where's our mom ?!". Cried a little girl, Eliza.

" Eliza ! Wait ! Don't go like that !". Warned another child, Isaac.

Mikasa's eyes widened when she recognized the two children Estella had saved a few weeks earlier. They quickly approached the cart, and Eliza's eyes welled up with tears upon seeing Estella's weakened state.