Where we remained.

"P'Arthit." Kong called, coming inside the small kitchen where he found the said man cooking.

He walked ahead and hugged around, resting his face tight against Arthit's back. Closing his eyes.

Arthit didn't respond and Kong can smell the spaghetti that was sizzling on the gas oven. He felt Arthit's muscles flexing with the way he stirred the utensils.

"I got a call from the bank." Kong continued, clawing the fabric over Arthit's belly. "Why did you fix deposit such amount under my name?"

Arthit went stiff for a moment, then relaxed. Reaching one hand back and caressing Kong's hairs.

"Because you need it. It will be helpful."

Kong opened his eyes, feeling the warm voice brush down Kong's body. Though he felt a chill gripping on him instead.

"But I have you." Kong whispered, nuzzling his face.

Arthit didn't respond to that. And Kong heard him platting their lunch. He hugged Arthit tighter, smiling. Though it hurt him to smile. He smiled.

"Come on... Kongpob." Arthit turned over, prying away from Kong's arms. And Kong didn't cling anymore. "We will be late."

He watched as Arthit walked to the small dining table in the living room and set their plates. Kong nodded to himself, following. Without looking over.

Because if he did... He knows he will be flashed with memories of them laughing and kissing silly in the same kitchen. Their food forgotten. With Arthit carrying Kong around, giggling and pecking each other. He can hear those voices stuck there.

"P'Arthit... Stop it."

"Never Baby."

Yes. He can definitely hear those voices there.

Kong sat across Arthit and started digging into his food. With silence that surrounded them. Complete and utter silence. Arthit working on his laptop, while taking bites of his food. Without even sharing a glance.

As Kong ignored the images of himself sitting over Arthit's lap on the same place Arthit sat alone. Being a blushing mess. Lost into each other's eyes and talks. Now the silence being their companion.

Two years. Since they met. When Kongpob was a scholarship student and Arthit the wannabe hotshot of the university. Kong was seventeen and shy, while Arthit was the over popular senior of the college. Kong just wanted a degree, so he could earn and have a life for himself.

Being an Omega and orphan was hard for him. So he remained focused on his goal. But destiny always had different plans.

Their paths crossed on one stormy night. Where Arthit helped Kong, reaching his dingy apartment. Kong was thankful and Arthit surprisingly kind. Then one thing led to another, because they had that instant connection.

Which wasn't surprising, because they were mates.

Arthit worked as a singer in a bar as his lart time. He was popular and earning enough to own a beautiful house of his own. Where they soon lived together, sharing moments and memories.

Where Kong got his mark as Arthit's fated mate. Where Kong made his happiest memories. Where he built dreams of having that one thing that he never had. A family. A beautiful family.

"Can you make it fast?"

Kong jolted snapping his gaze ahead to meet Arthit's glare. His heart sank, getting a flash of the same eyes adoring him with warmth.

"I am sorry." Kong dropped his gaze. Trying to finish his food as fast as he can. Gulping his tears along.

He had no wish to eat. But Arthit made it working so hard. He can't be ungrateful.