Chapter Fifteen

TW descriptive fighting scenes

Grimes fixed the mask against her face; she wasn't used to having a mask on the top part. Her black silk dress hugged her figure perfectly. But it left no room for weapons. Apart from the one small dagger she had hidden under her left arm. Her eyes scanned the room as she picked up a glass of champagne. She lifted it to her lip to cover them before she spoke.

"0-7, I'm inside." She muttered down the comms hidden in her ear.

"Good shit." Ghost spoke back as she moved around to check out the areas, carefully staying out of the guard's watch. 

"This place is crawling with armed guards. I need to find a way up." Grimes called down the comms.

"Sin Nombre is on the third floor. Soap, and I will find a keycard." Alejandro called out over the comms, quickly answering her. 

"I'll create a path." Grimes nodded as she walked around the building again. She noted there was a flight of stairs heading upwards. Her heels hit the floor, but they never made a loud clicking noise as they had rubber soles. This was a little trick she picked up from training. Seeing one guard alone standing at the bottom of the stairs, she walked up to him.

"Lo siento mucho, pero ¿puedes mostrarme dónde está la habitación de la dama? Parece que no puedo encontrarlo en ninguna parte." (I'm so sorry, but can you show me where the Lady's room is? I can't seem to find it anywhere.) She asked the man who looked at her, "Haré que valga la pena." (I'll make it worth your while) She spoke to him in a seductive voice. His eyes grew lustful as he motioned his hand towards Lady's room. 

Grimes followed behind him; once, she was sure no one would see. She pulled out her dagger and wrapped a hand around and over his mouth as she drove the blade into his neck. She guided him to the ground quietly so as not to raise attention as she pulled her blade from his flesh. Quickly turning around, she made her way back to the stairs and walked up them quickly. She rounded the corner but quickly moved back when she saw two guards standing and chatting with each other about three feet away. 

"Hola, señores. Estoy perdido, ¿podrías ayudarme?" (Hello, gentlemen. I'm lost, could you help me?) She spoke quietly as they both turned around. Before they could say or do anything, Grimes reached up and punched the man on her left in the throat, disabling his vocal cords while slicing her blade across the neck of the other before turning the dagger in her hand and driving it into the man on the left's chest. They both dropped to the ground as she stepped over them, lifting her dress. She walked to the end of the corridor and looked around the corner to see one man guarding the elevator. She moved to throw the dagger, which landed on the side of the man's head, taking him down instantly. She rounded the corner and walked over to the man, pulling out her blade and wiping it on his suit.

"You got my knife dirty." She muttered to the now-dead man. "You're pathway is clear." She called out over the comms as she took off her mask and chucked it onto the floor next to the dead man.

"Got the keycard; Diego is down." Soap called out over his mic. Before Alejandro told him, men were heading towards him. Grimes turned and moved back the way she came to find Soap. She then saw two men walk into the room; she knew Soap was now in. "Soap, stay hidden," She muttered to him as she waited for the men to move inside the room. 

She aimed her dagger and threw it at the man furthest away from her, dropping him. The other man turned around to face Grimes. He lifted his pistol, but she kicked it out of his hand before he could do anything. The pistol hit the wall as she twisted to punch the man in the throat, silencing him. She moved to the side to kick the back of his knees, causing him to drop to them. She stepped around the back of him and, with one swift movement, snapped his neck.

"Jesus Christ, woman," Soap spoke as he appeared from his hiding spot. 

"We gotta move." Grimes told him, "Someone will start noticing they aren't responding."

"Right," Soap agreed as they moved to the elevator where Alejandro and Will were waiting. Soap scanned the keycard, and the elevator opened.

"Have fun?" Grimes asked Will, who nodded. He was dressed in a black suit with a black mask similar to the guards like Alejandro. 

"When do I not?" He asked her causing Grimes to chuckle as they all walked into the elevator. Soap and Alejandro began talking about Sin Nombre while Will handed Grimes a silenced pistol. Grimes pulled the mag out to check the ammo and put it back in before making sure it was loaded by cocking it.

"Here we go," She muttered as the doors opened. They moved up the dark corridor with their weapons up before they came to a locked door. The guard behind started asking questions, and Alejandro answered. This seemed to do the trick as the door was unlocked, and Alejandro hit the butt of his pistol against the guard's face and pulled him to the side while making him with his elbow several times. Knocking him out. 

They walked up to a set of closed doors; Alejandro took point to open them while Soap stood to the left. Will and Grimes covered Alejandro from behind. Alejandro dropped down and pulled out a little camera to check inside the room before breaching. 

"No fucking way." Soap said amazingly as he pulled out the camera from under the door.

"What is it?" Alejandro asked curiously, waiting for him to answer.

"The Sicaria I met downstairs. Valeria- She's El Sin Nombre." 

"Valeria? Are you sure, hermano?" Alejandro asked, surprised. Almost like he knew that name.

"Yes," Soap told him.

"We have to move," Alejandro spoke. "Graves, Sin Nombre is posing as a female sicaria. We're moving in. You set?"

"Check." Graves called out over the comms.

"Ghost?" Alejandro continued to check-in. 

"Ready." Ghost answered as Alejandro stood up.

"Take her alive." He told the three as he stood up and kicked in the doors. Soap took out the gunman closest to the door while Grimes and Will took out the others. 

"She ran out the back!" Alejandro called as he rushed into the room, "Don't let her escape." Grimes followed behind him as they pushed forward. The sound of Graves and the helicopter above could now be heard. They went outside to see the helo with its spotlight on Valeria as Graves yelled at her through the speaker to get down. 

"¡No me arrodillo ante nadie, hijo de puta!" (I kneel for no one, mother fucker!) Valeria yelled at Graves. Grimes smirked at this as her pistol was trained at her head.

"A bullet will make you kneel." Graves threatened her as she turned and knelt with her hands up. "Atta girl." He called out.

"Ground team, you're clear to move in," Grave called over the comms as Grimes moved forwards with Soap. The wind of the helo's blades sent her hair flying around.

"Secure her. We'll cover." Alejandro called as he and Will watched around them for any more cartel. Soap moved to grab her wrist and pull them behind her back as he pulled her up. Grime's had her pistol trained directly at her head. 

"El Sin Nombre." Soap addressed her.

"Me llamo Valeria," ( My name is Valeira.) She told him as she turned her head to look at him. 

"Hiding in plain sight." 

"Hiding?" She laughed at him, "Estoy en todas partes, soldado." (I'm everywhere, soldier.)

"That's good; so are we. Let's go." Graves told her as the shadows took her up to the helo. Soap looked at Alejandro, starting at Valeria with disbelief across his face. 

"Hermano, Qué pasa?"(What's up?)Soap asked, tapping his shoulder. 

"Valeria, I know ow her." He told him before they boarded the helo to evac out of there. Grimes looked to Will, raised her eyebrows, and tilted her head to the side. 

"This should be interesting." She muttered as they were the last to board.