Chapter Six

"Alejandro!" Grimes called as she stepped out of the helicopter by the lowered ramp, followed by Ghost and Soap on either side. Grimes walked over to a man standing in front of two black jeeps. He wore a black assault vest with a spring wire going from his shoulder to his ear. 

"Hermana!" He called back to her and walked forward with his hands clasped behind his back. "Good to see you again!" 

"Likewise!" They both reached out to shake hands,

"You must be Sergeant McTavish." Alejandro nodded to Soap and reached out a hand to shake. 

"Call me soap," He answered as Alejandro nodded before looking to Ghost.

"Lieutenant, Grimes says they call you Ghost."  

"Actually, I believe he prefers." Soap began only to be cut off by Ghost.

"That'll do," He half yelled in a deep tone. Grimes let out a little chuckle as she side-eyed Ghost and then Soap.

"Welcome to the city of souls," Alejandro spoke to them before turning around and walking back to the black jeeps.

"You two know each other?" Soap asked, confused as he looked between the two. 

"Sí," Alejandro called back, nodding with a comforting smile. "Asesions helped us a few years ago when we had a little problem in Las Almas."

"Just a small bust." Grimes shrugged her shoulders as Alejandro chuckled, shaking his head. 

"It was not just a small bust; she took on an army of over thirty narcos." He laughed as he grabbed hold of the door handle, "The best part is she didn't even fire one bullet." He told them as he opened the door. "She only used knives and arrows!" Ghost opened the back door behind Alejandro as Soap walked around to the other side. Grimes looked at Ghost as he held the door open for her to take the middle. His eyes showed anger towards her, which only seemed to be fueled by Alejandro. 

"This is my second in command," Alejandro informed them as they all closed the doors to the jeep. "Sergeant Major Rodolfo Parra." 

"Tengo miedo de los fantasmas." Rodolfo spoke to Alejandro; Grimes chuckled and leaned forward between the front seats.

"Lo prometo, realmente no da tanto miedo." (I promise, he really isn't that scary.) Grimes muttered, causing them to chuckle. Alejandro turned to look at Soap.

"You know Spanish?" He asked,

"No," Soap answered in a flat tone shaking his head.

"You will." Was all Alejandro said as he turned back around to face the front of the car again. The convoy went quiet as the now three jeeps made their way out of the compound. It wasn't long before they were in the streets of Las Almas. The tight winding roads were filled with people shouting and horns beeping. They turned a corner, and a white truck drove past with armed narcos in the bed of it.

"White truck, four armed on the back." Soap said as he lifted and began to ready his weapon. Grimes put her hand onto his weapon, causing him to look directly at her as she shook her head. At the same time, Alejandro was trying to get their attention.

"Tranquilo. (Take it easy) easy. It's normal here." Alejandro spoke softly in a calm manner. "Guns on the street is jurisdiction of the police." 

"Where are the police?" Ghost piped up, curious as to why he had seen more narcs than police on the streets.

"Oh, Las Almas has a very serious problem, " He began to answer. "There are few here to uphold the law, and any of those who resist corruption disappear."

"What about the military?" Soap asked him.

"That was why we got involved," Grimes answered that question for him. "We received intel that several high-ranking officers disappeared without a trace. They were quickly replaced by men in El Sin Nombre's back pocket."

"Why not you?" Ghosted asked Alejandro.

"We grew up here," He said while looking at Rodolfo with a look like he was reminiscing about good days. "They call us Vaqueros, cowboys." He said as he then turned to look out the window. "We love this place," He said before turning to look at the three of them again. "And we will die fighting for it." They turned around a corner, and Soap looked out the window to the far corner of the street. Turning around, he looked at Ghost, who was looking directly at him and Grimes, who was still looking out. 

"Kids, guns and balloons." He muttered sadly, "That's a new one."

"Not here," Alejandro told him quickly.

"Narcos use generosity to win over the people." Grimes turned and said to Ghost, but her eyes stayed low. 

"Even the children?" Soap asked out, and Grimes sighed deeply. 

"Especially the children," Alejandro muttered sadly. They then pulled up to a crime scene with white sheets spread out.  He then explained how the war for territory was still going on, but they continued on their way. 

The boys then began to ask questions about El Sin Nombre and who they were. Little did they realise, but Grimes already knew. El Sin Nombre had been on the assassin's watch list since she was last here. Grimes has known their every movement and what jobs they have taken on. They passed an army checkpoint before continuing to drive up the road through the tight streets of Las Almas. 

It wasn't long until they reached a small village where they had intel to check for Hassan. They all exited the jeeps, plus around ten other men out of the two jeeps behind them. Alejandro began to give instructions over their radios as they all readied their weapons. 

"Do you have any spare rifles?" Grimes asked, and Soap was taken aback. 

"You sure you'll not use your bow again, hermana?" Alejandro asked her as he flicked his wrists at one of his men to go and pick on. 

"If I was alone, then maybe," Grimes told him as one of the soldiers appeared and handed her an assault rifle. "But I do not want to run the risk of not being prepared with so many friends around." 

"This will have to do, it's the only one we have left." He told her, and she nodded, quickly cocking the bolt to ensure it was working. 

"Thank you," she said as she slung the weapon and stacked it up to breach the gate. 

"You'd better be safe." Ghost muttered deeply into her ear as she nodded. 

"You as well, Ghost." She fired back at him. His mouth lifted at the edge knowing her playful attitude and constant teasing would get to him again.