♥ Chapter 8 - Skeleton with Ink ♥

Inspecting the stranger, they wore a work belt crossing their chest, filled with rainbow paint vials and a long scarf, has ink on their face.

"I'm Ink, Protector of AUs. What are you doing in this abandoned AU?" Ink questioned me.

"Right, should have known your name is Ink from the obvious details. My name is Dream, Guardian of Positivity and you should explain to me what is AUs in a later date.." I replied.

"Ohhh, but what are you doing here? It's been a long time since anyone has been here and I was determined that nobody was alive?" Ink inquired, "Also, where did that crying statue go?"

"Huh? Oh uhm. . I don't really know on what your talking about?" I said, nervously laughing.

"Hmm, I swore that there was a statue that stood beside the tree. Nevermind! Hi my name is Ink!" He repeated.

"But you already said that?" I was questioning his memory, probably like a chimpanzee.

"Apologies! I have the worse memory so I forget almost every thing on any thing about 1 minute, more or less." He apologized.

"Atleast your aware of your memories being trash! Anyways, so what are you doing here? I thought everyone else died?" I said, interested in this other.

"Oh no, I'm not from this place! But I'm here because I felt life once again in this AU.. it had been so quiet and all that stuff for the few months? Years?? It's so confusing.." Ink said, confused but I sensed he was honest.

"Kind of explains why your here but what do you mean by AU? Wait, it's Alternate Universes, correct? And AT that means Alternate Timelines?" It sounded more than a wonder than some explanation.

"Yep! How did you know?" He asked. "I'm the Guardian of Positivity? Just saying again so you would remember or something." I answered, confused.

"Right!" He wrote it down on his scarf and turned his attention to me again. "Anyways, it's lonely here and I have somewhere that you can stay and all that!"

"Really? Thank you so much!" I thank him for his kind deed, still not really trusting of him. "Wait.. I need to get something real quick.."

I picked up a golden apple that caught my eye earlier, I was glad that it survived after all these centuries but that wasn't the main problem is now, it was to figure out why he had a weird feeling of this..

NARRATOR's POV

Dream was suspicious of Ink, something was going on and he was going to find out the reason why he felt like that. But he must have looked weird because Ink had those confused eyelights. "Dream? Are you alright?" Ink asked, Dream nods hesitantly.

"Yeah, just thoughts on what happened to my AU all that stuff." Dream lied, Ink moved on and focused elsewhere. It took sometime before Ink led Dream to his new room, it was a basic guest room and kept tidy and clean. "So do you like it or not?" Ink asked, waiting for a comment.

It took a few minutes for me to realize because I was looking at every detail of the room but I did say a quick 'yes' before continuing to gaze. "I can change the room to whatever you please." Ink took out his small brush.

"Huh? Oh- just make it galaxy themed, I don't really mine it at all.." Dream responded with a fake smile on their face, Ink nods and started to paint the room. A few minutes later, Ink was already done with the room and Dream stared at it with awe. "This is really nice, Ink! The room is so beautiful" He commented, Ink was blushing from embarrassment.

"Thank you! I wasn't really that good on designing it, I'll do it later." It was clear that Ink was not used to many compliments. "Alright, see you next time! I still have work to do." Ink did a quick wave before leaving the room, I could hear a splash before everything went silent.

Dream sat at a nearby chair that was conveniently placed beside the door. He rubbed his temples, trying to make sense of everything and lost on thought.