♥ Chapter 42 - What Happened? ♥

I was in my mindscape, rocking back and fourth with little sanity left. "How long has it been? How far am I gonna be stuck like this?" I mumbled, crying to myself.

"I just want my brother back.. Nighty.. I miss you! Just come home.." I wiped my tears but more kept coming, I just couldn't stop crying as I felt a sting on my SOUL.

Suddenly, I was forcibly pulled out of my mindscape and went back to the now recked home I once lived in. I look around, confused until I looked below me.

"Is that.. stone?" Pieces of stone beside me, I theorized that I might have been covered in this stone. Picking some of the stone, I proceeded to investigate my surroundings.

Noticing the stump of what I assume the tree of feelings while the land was covered in dust, blood and bodies so torn they were unrecognizable. I tried to look away from the bodies and had to step on some of them, I felt like I wanted to puke out nothing.

After I reached the village, it looked burned down. "So this is what the world looks like after centuries of being abandoned.. looks like a total mess." I stayed, not expecting it to be this bad and I wondered how all the bodies are still here since it had been around four hundred years.

With curiosity, I decided to explore the village ruins to see any difference. I may or may not have mistaken dust as black sugar but I didn't eat it while exploring, there also seems to be no survivors and I'm the only one left in this world. Nightmare did a good job killing everyone here, I pity him due to how he couldn't control himself from anger, he really became the monster everyone thought he was.

I sat next to the surprisingly standing library, cuddling myself to comfort the loneliness. "I thought he said that we couldn't leave eachother.. this is why I hate making promises." I cried again, using up all my tears.

"Is he angry at me? Probably, maybe sadness too.. but I believe in him even if he hated me till the end of the void." I slightly smiled, looking up at the red sky as the sun was unmoving.

I stood up, walking inside the library to see books with missing pages. "This used to be Nightmare's favorite place in the village.." I looked at the library counter where the librarian was, they were a kind man who tried treating my brother correctly and the only villager who understood his pain..

I look at the counter with sadness but I felt weird since the pain in my SOUL had vanished for some reason. I can freely feel negative emotions but still alone, I walked outside and went back to the remains on the tree of feelings.

"I wish I was a statue again since even when I'm free, I'm still alone.. nobody is here other than me.. I just want my brother back!!" I shouted, upset at the deity who set me free from my prison as I rolled my eyes.

I sat next to the tree, waiting for any exciting thing to happen. "Honestly, what did I expect.. A fairy to guide me? Some emotionless freak.. I feel deja vu.." I paused whilst glaring at the ground, seeming to know in advance that something is about to happen.

"All of this is so frustrating to think about.." I took a deep breath before one terrible headache came, I didn't remember anything about my past. "W-what.. what am I even saying?" The headache caused me to cower, attempting to shrink myself in fear.

"I uhm.. I remember waking up with someone called Night? and then we introduced ourselves for reasons.. I think we were new to eachother? So we bonded but after leaving Nighty, he was suffering but by who?.. then he eats all the apples and then I was trapped? It explained the stone." I took out small pieces of stone and placed it next to me, sighing loudly.

"Life is unfair, is it not? And that is the most I've ever spoken in my whole life." I then heard a puddle of ink on the ground right beside me.

"Wow, what happened to this AU?" The stranger asked, which spooked me a bit but came back to my senses.

"Huh? And who are you?" I question the stranger, who just noticed me and slightly waved at me.

"My name is.." The stranger paused, they seemed to forget their name for one moment before opening their mouth to speak.