♥ Chapter 28 - Understand ♥

I was outside once again in the cold winter breeze since my brother told me to touch snow.

It was honestly confusing, but another way to say 'touch grass' thing that my bro heard about.

I sat down on the freezing ground, knowing my brother that he won't let me in the house for a few minutes.

"Heh, lucky that us skeletons lack skin for us to feel heat and cold." I smirked before my eyes focuse on something.

It shined a purple glow which attracted me, getting closer to the object, it was some odd thing. It looked separated from the cracks that it had on each side, I inspected the object before coming up to think it was a piece of a crystal.

An abnormal purple shattered part of a crystal, I've never seen this before. It was not an amethyst gem because it was oddly the same color of Dream's eyes.

A dark purple crystal on the middle of nowhere was strange for anyone, so like a curious person would do– I broke it.

Okay, maybe not all curious people do that but it didn't shatter. "Strange, but maybe I can research this. . Object."

I picked it up and I immediately felt unrecognizable magic running through me, dropping it from the sudden burst of magic.

Backing away from the crystal, I glared at it but I felt as if it was glaring back at me.

"Really giving me the creeps but I ain't judging this thing as I had discovered it a few seconds ago.." I picked it up again, this time with my white gloves.

I stood up and walked back to my house since something might happen when I 'shortcut' back home.

DREAM'S POV

Waking up at a place that you weren't familiar with was strange and even more stranger that a Papyrus was next to you.

I sat straight in a panic upon seeing the Papyrus infront of me. We bumped on eachother's head, I rubbed the injury.

"Woah! Calm down there, Dream. I'm Papyrus, the cold and icenificent." They introduced themselves.

I calmed down after they told me their name. "I'm. . Dream as you know. . Guardian of Positivity." I stated, looking around the room.

"You don't look much like the Guardian that you used to be when you came here last time and by the way, your in my brother's room. His name is Frost if you remember him." He pointed out.

"Oh. . Yeah, I remember him. . Where is Frost? Has he been feeling well or any better from their depression?" I inquired.

"Yep! He pushed back his father and their past, his not so lazy than before. That's still progress though!" Papyrus explained.

"I see, how long has it been since I was gone?" I asked, Papyrus looked a bit sad but it didn't effect him much.

"You've been gone for a long while! It's been months since your last visit." Responded the Papyrus, who still had a smile on his face despite the sadness radiating off.

"Huh. It really has been awhile, sorry if I haven't visited for sometime. . I was busy with things." I said, Papyrus softly nodded.

"It's fine, being the Guardian of Positivity. . There's bound to be some problems, such as trying to make as many people happy as possible without disrupting the balance?" Papyrus took a wild guess.

"Correct. . You know more things than my brother, who is my counterpart. The Guardian of Negativity, his name is Nightmare." Papyrus nodded once again.

This Papyrus took it more than I had expected, getting too much stress at once and he still managed to keep it cool.

I was about to speak more– when we both heard the door slam wide open, turning to the direction. It was Frost.