5 - IDK You Yet

Rose's eyes were glued to the man standing beside her. He was beautiful, and his eyes were so mesmerizing she couldn't look away. 

"Can I help you?" He asked, hesitantly reaching his hand toward her. She didn't know what was the right thing to do. Scream at him for running away just like that? Maybe tell him that she's so glad she could meet him again or how she had been feeling half since he left her there?

"Why..." That was all she could manage to let out, and he knew exactly what she meant. 

Why did you run away?

He tensed at her words and looked away, not able to look at her, and Rose just stared at him. 

"I... I'm sorry." He muttered and Rose just nodded at him while her eyes started glistening. But that day wasn't about her, she had work to do. She couldn't let her tragic love life get in the way of her friend's wedding.

"Yeah," She let out as she packed her stuff and started rolling her wheelchair away from him. It was ridiculous. 

"Wait!" He called and she stopped without turning around to look at him.

"No," She said, sighing heavily. "Let's not ruin their day, but... don't run away. Please."

With that, she headed out to the garden where everyone was celebrating with Harin and her husband. Rose sighed heavily before she faked her best smile and went to congratulate her friend.

"Rose!" Harin exclaimed when she spotted her. "I'm so glad you're here today." 

"Of course," Rose held her friend's hand and smiled at her. "I'm so happy for you. Grandma couldn't attend the wedding, but she's congratulating both of you. She says she'll visit you soon with your favorite flowers."

Harin's eyes softened. "She's really the most amazing person, you're very lucky to have her in your life."

Rose just smiled softly at her, but when she spotted her soulmate walking towards them, she felt her heart drop. "It's beautiful." She managed to say as she looked away from him and at her friend.

"You can see colors now." Harin's smile widened as she remembered that Rose had finally met her soulmate. "I'm so glad and happy you finally met him. I remember you were so scared you won't meet him. Gosh, I'm so relieved." 

"Yeah," Rose nodded, her gaze back on the man who stopped in his tracks a little far away. It was obvious he could hear them from the way his eyes slightly widened. "I'm so happy."

"How's- oh," Harin turned around, and right then, her smile widened. Rose couldn't tell why she was delighted to see that man. "Heeseung!"

Heeseung. Rose mouthed his name as she felt the world stop around her. It felt so right.

"Hello." Her soulmate slightly bowed at Harin as he walked to her. "Congratulations."

"Thank you. You know if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have been this happy today." Her expression softened before she bowed at him. "You two are the reason I'm so happy today."

Rose looked at her friend and her soulmate in confusion, trying to understand what was happening. Did Harin know he was her soulmate?

"Rose, this is Lee Heeseung, a very talented dress designer and a very good friend of mine." Harin introduced. "This is Baek Rose, the painter I told you about. She's amazing."

Their eyes met for a few seconds before she looked away, clearing her throat. "Hello." Then she smiled as if nothing happened. As if he wasn't the soulmate who ran away the moment he met her. "Nice to meet you."

He slightly bowed before he looked at her with sad eyes. "You... too."

"You see this dress?" Harin spoke as she pointed at her dress, then she held Heeseung's hand and showed it to Rose."He made it. Can you believe it? With this hand! And the other! They're the reason I'm looking so pretty today!"

Rose stared at him as he smiled softly at Harin and shook his head, which made her realize that they were close friends. "You're beautiful already, this is just fabric."

"Heeseung, don't try to look humble in front of Rose. I know you love your pieces more than anything else." Harin fake-rolled her eyes before chuckling. "He's insane, not everyone can turn fabric into such a wonderful dress, right, Rose?"

Rose's eyes were glued to Harin's dress as she wondered how someone could make such a beautiful piece of clothing. It wasn't just that, it was more. It was passion and love combined with Harin's happiness and joy and beautiful memories of her special day.

Her gaze shifted to Heeseung who was placing a hand on his neck which gave away his embarrassment. "It's magical." She muttered, taking him off guard.

"Thank you." His lips formed into a genuine smile as his eyes smiled too. Everyone complimented his work but it was different with Rose. Her eyes were glistening as she stared at the white dress, and he knew she loved it.

"Maybe Heeseung can make a dress for you too," Harin's smile grew. "You found your soulmate, so who knows, you might get married soon after me."

Her words made Rose's heart drop, yet she managed to smile at her and he realized how good she was at faking it. "Yeah." She muttered, glancing at him only to realize that his eyes didn't leave her a second. It was so ironic.

Minutes passed and it was time for the couple's first dance. Rose sat in her wheelchair in a corner as she rested her brush on the white canvas and painted the beautiful scene. Heeseung stood a little far away as he watched the beautiful scene, but it wasn't Harin and her husband dancing.

He stared at how she focused on painting and furrowed her eyebrows, eyes glued on the canvas in front of her. She took out a new brush and colored it with different colors as she looked back at the couple and everyone around them, then she smiled softly. 

That one smile did something to his heart. He was fascinated by how beautiful she looked when no one was looking. How comfortable she was in her little space, creating a beautiful piece that would bring people happiness and comfort.

And that reminded him of no one else but himself.

Looking down at his hands, he let out a heavy sigh and closed his eyes, listening to the soft music playing in the background. And when he wasn't looking, Rose was staring at him.

Her eyes softened when he leaned on the wall and closed his eyes. It seemed that he was tired, or maybe he had a lot in mind. Either way, she practiced drawing him in her mind before she drew him on paper. She didn't know what she was feeling with him being right there, but she couldn't care less.

Because he was there, and he wasn't running away this time.