35 - Forehead Kiss

"You mean the idea that our souls may have lived previous lives before our current one?" It didn't seem like Heeseung had given the concept much thought, but he was genuinely interested in the conversation. "I mean, it's a beautiful idea, the thought that our lives may have been interconnected across time and space. It would explain why some people feel like they've known each other for lifetimes."

Y/N smiled a little, her hands warm against her cup of tea, and her gaze never leaving Heeseung's. "It's a comforting thought, isn't it? I know it sounds a bit far-fetched, but in that dream, I was living in a different time, and you were there, and we had some kind of... thing going on. It's hard to explain, but it felt like it was more than just a figment of my imagination. It wasn't one single dream, it was a whole series of dreams that formed a continuous narrative. Each dream felt like a new chapter in a story, and it all revolved around... you."

"I like the thought that destiny might have wanted us to meet in another lifetime. I like the idea of destiny with you." The way he spoke those words made her want to lean in and kiss him, just like she did in her dreams. She had dreamt of him in so many different scenarios, but here, in the warm and dimly lit living room, felt like the most vivid and beautiful dream of all.

"I think I should go back. I don't want to wake Minjae up." She muttered, putting down the cup of tea he had made for her. "Thank you again for listening to me and being here for me, Heeseung."

"My door is open for you, Y/N. Always." Heeseung's voice was warm and reassuring, his eyes locked onto hers as he spoke. She knew he meant it. He was the kind of person who welcomed her into his life with open arms, and in that moment, she knew she loved him. She knew he had her heart and he had it for a while now. "Good night."

She watched him lean on his doorframe and she gave him a soft smile. "You too." With one last, longing look, Y/N turned and made her way back to her own apartment, her heart lighter than it had been in days. The vivid dream, with its haunting feeling of loss, had brought her to Heeseung's doorstep, and at that moment, she knew there was no going back. Her heart already belonged to him. "I'm sorry, Danbi, I scared you." 

As Y/N settled into her own apartment, Danbi snuggled close to her, offering comfort and warmth. She gently stroked his fur and kissed the top of his head. The memory of the dream still lingered in the back of her mind, but now it felt more like a distant shadow than a haunting specter. She had Heeseung, and he was very much alive, just a door away. With a contented sigh, Y/N drifted off to sleep, the thought of destiny wanting them to be together bringing her comfort.

The next morning, she felt like the happiest woman on earth. Upon waking up, she danced around the kitchen while making coffee and toast and Danbi could only stand at the door and watch her with a tilted head. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee filled her small apartment, and the early morning sunlight streamed through the curtains, casting a warm, golden glow across her living room. It was as if the world had suddenly become a brighter and more vibrant place.

When she went to work, everyone looked at her as if she was floating in the air. "I'm just in a good mood. Why?" When asked, she'd simply shrug and tell them that the world was a really beautiful place. 

The woman inside the car ran her fingers through her hair and got out of the car, staring at Y/N as if it was her fault. "Are you trying to get yourself killed?"

"Excuse me?" Y/N's legs were still jelly but the woman's tone made her click her tongue and shut her eyes to collect her cool. "Miss Know-What-The-Speed-Limit-After-A-Green-Light-Is. It was green when I crossed the street."

The woman scoffed, making Y/N roll her eyes and throw her hands in the air. "Look here, Miss Can't-Distinguish-A-Green-Walking-Figure-On-The-Pedestrian-Light, you-"