4

Adrian.

"Boss, the shipments should arrive by midnight."

"And Jace? When is he due to arrive?"

"He's already arrived Sir. He's on his way up here." Maddox informed. I nod stiffly and trained my eyes on the screen before me.

I watched as Jace and some random girl reached my door and they walked in. I looked up making sure the displeasure was clear on my face.

Why would he bring a total stranger to the mafia home?

"Hey! Maddox excuse us please." Jace said and Maddox nodded in respect before leaving, closing the door behind him.

"Who the hell is this?" I questioned and Jace laughed nervously. I turned to look at the girl.

She's fucking gorgeous, first of all and she has brown eyes that seemed to have a lot of stories behind them, blonde brown hair that I find fascinating and a to die figure.

"I'm his sister." She spoke up. I grimaced so did Jace.

They looked nothing alike.

"No. You're not. He doesn't have a sister." I spat and she just shrugged.

"Worth a shot." She mumbled looking around my office.
I sighed in frustration.

"I'm sorry I didn't ask first but it was kinda rushed. She's on a vacation and we're friends. I couldn't let her roam the streets of Milan anyway. Those dimbats out there would do stuff to her. Just looked at her! She's like a soft fluffy teddy bear!" He exclaimed and I raised an eyebrow.

Seriously?

"So? Why bring her here? There are lots of Hotels that has accommodation." I pointed out.

"She's allergic." I scoffed. A person can't possibly be allergic to staying at Hotels.

"Okay! Enough with the banter. If it's too much of a trouble, I'll leave." She said interrupting us.

Brave.

"You should. This isn't a place for you." I said and she rolled her eyes.
"Why? Because you're the mafia?" Jace swiftly turned to her and I palmed my forehead.

"You know?" He asked carefully. She gave a simple nod.

I sat silently as I watched the scene unfold.
"Why didn't you say so?!" She smirked at Jace. "I didn't find it necessary to. Besides, it would made you change how you act and it would become weird." She countered. Jace frowned clearly upset.

"Don't worry. My lips are sealed." She promised.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Camila."

Jace swore in italian.

"You lied about your name?!" She smiled up at him cheekily. "No Codfish. It's still Zara. My name is Zara Davis."

"Whatever. Ms Zara, He will show you to your room. Tomorrow morning we have a meeting." I said and looked up at her. Her face was scrunched in disgust.

"Don't call me Ms. You saying that is just wrong." She explained. I stood up and walked around my table to get to her. I stopped when I was a few feet away from her.

I towered over her easily even in her heels and she looked up at me.

This one is Defiant.

"What should I call you then?" I asked in a deep voice. She blushed a bright red.

"Zara. Call her by her name weirdo." Jace piped in ruining whatever tension that was.

I stepped away and cleared my throat.

"The room beside mine. Give it to her." I said and Jace laughed.
"Jenna's gonna freak when she finds out you gave her dream room to someone else." He teased.

"And who's going to tell her?" He shook his head and smirked.

"Definitely not me. I like all my body parts complete. Thank you very much." I waited for them to leave before returning to my desk and typing in the name Zara Davis.

There were lots of Davis and Zara on the internet. I sighed and closed the laptop. I'll have to get Bruno on the Job. I need to know everything about this girl.

I stood and left my office. A few men lazed around doing nothing and I ignored them till I got to the kitchen.

Maria, The head chef was busy by the oven as I walked in. She was basically a mother to every one here.

"Adrian! You're finally out of that office of yours." She tsked and I smiled guilty.
"What are you making?" I asked as I opened the fridge to grab a can of water.

"Cake. We have a new family member." She said excited. Family member?

"Oh. Who?" I asked taking a sip of my water. "The lovely lady Jace brought home! I can't wait till the wedding!" She gushed and I choked on my water.

After a few seconds of almost swallowing my own damn lungs, I could finally breathe.

"She's not a family member. She's a visitor and would be gone soon." I said and she chuckled. "I think she's going to be staying for a long time, that one."

I rolled my eyes not really ready to argue with Maria. The woman never backs down when she has a solid point to argue.

"I'll have some of that Cake later. I'm leaving." I announced. She hummed at me seeming focused on whatever she was doing.

I left her to it and walked out.

On my way out, I saw Zara by the pool with Jace and Maddox. What could they be up to now?

Not dwelling much, I just walked by. It's none of my business anyways.

A/N

Thoughts? What do you think?
Updates schedules will continue as planned.  Fridays and Saturdays.

Please Vote and Comment. Also share.
Love you all.
Sophie❤️