25

Adrian.

"Have you got Intel on her?" I asked and Maddox nodded.

"It was difficult but I found some evidence." He said. I sighed and collected the parcel from him.

"As instructed I didn't look through it sir." I waved him off and stared at the box on the desk.

Would opening this change my view of everything? I didn't want a drastic change right now. Everything seems to be somewhat perfect and this could possibly ruin it.

It's been four days since Lara's birthday party and things seemed to be going well between Zara and I. I had risks to take.

Sighing, I opened it and scanned through the content. I glanced at the pictures in there shocked. What the hell? I stared at a particular picture. It was of Zara she was somewhat drenched in blood and she her eyes looked dead. Not to mention they were red. What the hell happened to her? What the hell is she?

"What are you doing?" I didn't notice her entering and I looked up as Zara stared at the pictures in my hands.

"What the fuck is that?" She asked. I could hear the slight nervousness in her voice.

"You'd explain better. Won't you?" I asked coldly. She stared at me and I frowned. What is going on in her mind? I wondered.

"How did you get those?" She asked calmly. This time she sounded composed.

"Why should you know? What is this? Since when are your eyes red?" I asked in shock because I couldn't wrap my head around it.

"I..."

She kept quiet.

"Zara Goddamn it! Say something!!" I yelled standing up. So many thoughts were swimming in my mind at the moment.

"I...I... I don't know." She stuttered.

I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Okay. Let's start this way. Who are you?" I asked and she snapped her eyes to mine at that question.

"I'm an agent." She answered after hesitating. This I already knew but I had to find out what this is all about.

"Why are you here?" I asked. She ran a hand through her hair and cursed out a string of words.

"If it wasn't clear I'm on a mission." She spat. She was getting agitated. I scoffed.
"Well it's not written on your forehead, is it? What mission? You better start talking." I snapped.

She glared at me. "Since you want to know so bad, I was sent to kill you."

I blinked. Of all the things I expected her to say that wasn't one of them.

"What?"

"Yes Adrian. I'm here to kill you. Happy? I'm the assassin that was sent to eliminate you." She shouted and I glared. Was she lying?

"If it's a joke you'd better stop. It's not funny." I said lowly. She smirked. "I'm being honest right now. You wanna know the truth? There you have it!" She said and I stared.

"That's not who you are."

She scoffed and laughed humorlessly.

"You don't know shit about me. So shut the fuck up." She snarled. "Well I know that you won't kill me Zara. That I know!" I yelled back at her.

"Don't be so faster than your shadow Adrian. Don't." She warned. I wasn't that fazed.

If she wanted to kill me, she had plenty of chances in the past.

"Okay. Then tell me. Who the fuck is Mason?" I asked and she froze.

"Zara? Zara!" I rushed to her as she stumbled backwards. She was shaking terribly.

"Hey. Hey. You're fine. I'm here." I whispered pulling her into my chest and hugging her. We stayed like that for a while before she finally calmed down. It seems talking about Mason is a sore topic for her.

"You confuse me." I muttered. She sighed.

"I'm sorry." She apologized.

"I'm not mad at you. Zara I'm going to need you to talk to me and explain everything because this seems like a lot more complicated game playing here." I said and she pulled away.

"Fine. I suspected that too. Something is definitely going on at the agency." She said and I blinked.

"Agency? What agency? The S.I? Wait...You're Z?" I asked and she smiled.

"Uh Yes. Zara, Z. Ring a bell?" She asked and I shook my head in disbelief.

The very assassin everyone wants to hire is standing in front of me. In my house. Shit. This woman could've killed my whole mafia without anyone suspecting her. She really knows how to do her job. The fact that I only suspected she was an agent alone stumps me. If I had eventually noticed she's an assassin, it would've been on my deathbed. She works for S.I

"I don't even know what to say." I grumbled and she shrugged. "Stay quiet. There's still a few things I need to sort out first." She said going through the items in the box.

"How the fuck did you get this?" She asked and I told her.

"Wow. 99% of all the shit in here is forged and a total lie. The only accurate thing is that picture." She said and I just stared. Stunned.

"The picture..." I trailed off.

"Yeah. Everyone within a mile radius didn't really make it out alive that day." She whispered.

"Come on. You have things to sort out. Remember?" I said putting my hand on her lower back and leading her towards the door. She stopped and leaned up and kissed me. I was shocked but kissed her back as well.

After she pulled away she smiled up at me.

"Thank you."

A/N

Thoughts? I'm so thankful for almost 3K reads. I love you guys a lot. And I apologize if this chapter is not up to par. I'm really struggling these days.

Please Vote, Comment and Share. It motivates me to finish this book. And also check out my other books if you can:)

I love y'all loads❤️
Sophie