32

Zara.

Weeks after. The house got renovated and I've been tucked away in my room recovering.

Adrian didn't make a show of killing Silco just yet. He was being held hostage in the prison basement along with his men that survived the rampage. Currently the Russian Mafia is in shambles.

I complied with staying out of everyone's sight for the time being. They still didn't understand who I was. Regularly, Jenna or someone else would come in my room to bring me food or just see if I was still alive.

They knew about my attempt after all.

I took the opportunity to train myself to the best I can in my room. Hades and I technically completed the mission from S.I

He went back to salvage the situation at the headquarters. Erwin knew better than to piss me off so he barely said anything and just sent a word of congratulations on the success.

I took a shower after my mini workout and got dressed in shorts and a black crop top with white Vans. I stared at my reflection in the mirror. I ran a hand through my hair. I was thinking of changing the colour and also getting a hair cut. My hair seemed to be growing longer and I didn't want that. I grabbed a scissors and got to work.

After I was done I nodded satisfied. Before my hair reached almost to the middle of my back but I cut it back to be over shoulder length with the butterfly haircut style I think. It looked okay to me and I couldn't care less.

A loud knock on my door grabbed my attention and I walked back out into the room. Jace walked in and stopped after sighting me.

"Zara! Your hair!" He yelled and I frowned. "What about it? Have you got any hair dye? I want my highlights back." I said and he just gaped at me. I rolled my eyes and slipped a small knife behind me. Safety first.

"Adrian called for you. Time to address everyone. I hope you remember the storyline?" He asked and I raised an eyebrow.

"There's a storyline?"

"Jesus Z."

I smirked and walked out the door with him following.

Everyone was gathered in the ballroom waiting for me I presume. Adrian's eyes found me and they widened a fraction.

Is the hair that bad or are they just attached?

He finally called me up to answer any questions thrown at me. I got to his side and he leaned down to whisper.

"Try not to toss a knife at anyone, Angel."

I shrugged and turned to the men and women of the Italian Mafia. Were they this many? The first question came.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Zara." I answered shortly. Adrian already seemed annoyed with that answer. I didn't owe these people shit if I remember.

"Why are you here?" I pondered on that one. Do I really tell them I'm here to kill their leader?

"Vacation."

"What? Answer the damn questions you fucking bitch!" Someone yelled and I narrowed my eyes at the person.

I felt Adrian grab my hand and I looked at him. "Answer the question." He ordered and I chuckled.

"Why should I?" I snapped and he let go. I turned back to everyone.

"If you're gonna ask questions please do. Majority of you all know who I am and why I'm here. I'm Jace's friend who came on vacation. I know what happened was awful but I wish I could reverse time. I know I can't provide details but I'm going to need y'all to trust me. Adrian could be in potential danger and I'm the only one that can stop it." I tried to sound remorseful. Trust me I really did.

They pondered over my words as a short murmur swept through the room.

"Boss. Whatever you say. We'll stand by."
I rolled my eyes mentally. So I gave a speech for nothing?

"You'll have to trust me and her. You're dismissed." He announced and they trickled out of the room. Majority of them gave me shady looks as they passed but I kept my face plain.

After they were all gone, Adrian grabbed my arm forcing me to face him.

"What have you done?!" He yelled and I frowned. "What? Should I have told them my identity?!" I snapped back and he blinked.

"No! Not that. Your hair!" He yelled again and I paused. "Oh. That. What's wrong? You don't like it?" I asked touching it. He looked at the hair then at me. He smiled slightly.

"It looks absolutely gorgeous." He finally said. I smiled but then snatched myself out of his arm.

"Grab me like that again and I will stab your throat." I warned and he just shook his head.

"Angel. You shouldn't be as cold as ice on a sunny day like this." He tutted and I frowned. He brushed my hair aside and kissed my forehead.

"Come on. The guys are probably waiting in the kitchen. You're hungry." He stated taking my hand in his.

"I never said I was." I countered.

"You don't have to. I know."

I scoffed. I was so fucking hungry though.

A/N

Very short Chapter guys. What do y'all think? Leave loads of Comments.

I'm working on the next chapter as soon as this is uploaded.

Love y'all.
Sophie❤️