5

Zara.

My first thought as I walked into his office was he's an image of God himself.

And my final thought as I walked out was he's a total dick. I can't even believe his words got me flustered. It was just a goddamn question.

"I'm sorry about Adrian. He's definitely pissed about something. He's not usually like that." Jace said as we walked. I was told my luggage would be brought to my room for me.

"You must be tired. I should leave you to rest up." Jace suggested and I shook my head. "Just wait here. I'm not tired. I'd rather be with someone than stay here alone." I said as we entered the room I was given.

I could clearly see why Jace called it a dream room. It was so freaking pretty. The cream colour theme exuded princess vibes. I walked into the bathroom and gawked.

"I could live here!" I squealed in actual excitement. Jace chuckled as I walked back out and proceeded to the closet.

Surprisingly all my stuff had already been packed away. That felt uncomfortable but less work for me.

"Okay. I'll be outside. Just call me when you're done." I gave him a thumbs up and he left.

I pulled out my phone and took several pictures of the room and forwarded them to Min.

My phone rang almost immediately and I laughed.

"You didn't tell me you were moving into a damn castle!!" I rolled my eyes at her on the FaceTime call.

"Crazy right? Ran into Jace Casciani on the plane." I said and she snickered.

"Sweetheart, it wasn't a run in. I clearly remember telling you I booked flights for you and hacked into their server to put you on the same plane. It was all planned out."

I felt so cheated. How could I not remember this?!

"Whatever. How long will this have to go on? I could just kill the guy and leave." I said as she laughed.

"Have you seen that man? I would wanna sleep with that before killing him. He's a special from Christ himself." She sighed. I chuckled.

"Boss said you have four months. Get him to fall for you, Dry his accounts, basically ruin his mafia. Make him wanna keep you stashed away like forbidden candy. I think it will be fun. I'll probably come around in a week too. Maybe I can get a hit on Jace." She teased and I grimaced.

That was just gross.

"Alright. I gotta go. We'll talk later and tell Diana to unblock me!" I yelled and ended the call.

I changed quickly into Jean shorts and a white T shirt with black high top vans.

I closed the door behind me as I smiled up at Jace. "Ready." I announced.

"Come on. I'll give you a tour." As we left, I glanced at Adrian's door. Was he in there?

We reached the poolside and I marveled at the size. The guy we met earlier in Adrian's office was here already.

"This is crazy. How can anyone swim in this?" I asked as Jace smirked. Knowing what he was thinking, I calmly stepped away from the pool.

"Maddox? Where's Adrian?" I asked. The sooner I get this job done, The faster I can leave.

"He's left already ma'am." I frowned.

"Can you swim?" I looked at Jace and frowned.
"You know, it's noticed that people are asked that question seconds before they are pushed into a pool. What are you doing man?" I asked. He stared at me in shock.

"You've met your match. Sir." Maddox teased. "I'm not his match." I argued.

"Yeah. You'll definitely go better with someone like Adrian. You're both weird." Jace snickered. I rolled my eyes at him.

"I'm hungry. Is there any food here?" I asked. Jace smiled at me and took my hand leading me to the kitchen. I would've cut off all his fingers for touching me without my permission but it's all for the mission.

The kind woman I met on my way up smiled and came to hug me.

I think it's here that I establish how much I hate physical contact.

"I bet you're hungry. I baked a cake. Specially for you." She said and I smiled in thanks as she handed me a slice on a plate. I took a bite as they watched for my reaction.

I felt bad inside me. I could barely react properly to anything.

"It's so good!" I gushed and Maria smiled happily. I sighed in relief and finished the slice. It was actually good.

"So, Can you tell me more about Adrian?" I asked. Jace frowned. "Why? Anything wrong?" I shook my head.

"Oh no. I just want to know a little about this guy. He's sooo mysterious." I joked. "Well, As you already know he's the Don of the Italian mafia. He basically rules here. And you do not wanna get on his bad side. Adrian can be scary as fuck. Currently he's having some important work going on." He said.

"Work? What kinda work?" I asked.

"Well, it's rumoured that there's an assassin out to kill him. And it's a lot harder because no one knows what this assassin looks like." Maria said and Jace gave her a glare.

"We're not to talk about that Maria." He warned.

"Why would anyone want him dead? He's done absolutely nothing wrong!" She complained and I scoffed.

"No offense but that's bullshit. He's killed innocent people. Robbed people of their homes! How is that nothing wrong?" I snapped.

Says the girl who's an assassin.

I blocked out my subconscious. I didn't need a reality check now.

"Adrian doesn't do that unless it's necessary. And those families? He gave them homes. Our mafia isn't as bad as people play. Those are just rumors. You shouldn't judge so quick." Jace explained.

"I wasn't judging. I was barely reading off what I saw on the internet and news." I defended.

"Yes we kill people but for the right reason. Those people deserve death. Adrian doesn't. At least not yet."

I frowned in thought. There are a lot of loop holes.
I suddenly remembered I wasn't even told why I had to kill him. Just that I'm the bullet and he's the target.

I had a lot of digging to do.

A/N
Thoughts?

What do you think?

Please Vote, Share and comment!
Thank you.
Love you all.
Sophie ❤️