36

Happy New year Soroses!

Adrian.

This has got to be some stupid game. A section of the mafia building was on fire. Again.

"What the fuck do we do?!" Romero yelled. Fights were happening around us all yet I didn't seem fazed. I looked down at a dead body and frowned. S.I? Was Zara finally trying to kill me now?

I couldn't find Jace anywhere that's when I remembered my teenage sister was still here.

"WHERE THE FUCKING HELL IS JENNA?!!"

I ran down the stairs and stopped as I found her. Romero and a few of my men stood behind me. The agents of S.I held Jenna captive. They were too many and before more of my men could arrive, they could do something to her.

Jenna was crying profusely and I was scared she'd go into a panic attack. "Jenna. Breathe baby. I won't let them harm you." Jace's voice came from beside me. I turned to him and we shared a nod.

"What do you want?" I asked glaring at them. "You must come with us or else I'll blow her brains out." The one who seemed like the leader spoke. I scoffed.

"Get your hands off me!!" Jenna screamed still struggling in his grasp. He smacked her head with the butt of his gun and I saw red. He had some guts.

Without thinking I pulled my gun and shot at his shoulder. He retaliated and shot back at me severally. I fell to my knee but got back on my feet. Jenna kept crying and screaming.

"Enough!"

I sighed. Jace and Romero were frowning at me. "Don't even. Adrian no." Jace gritted out. I shook my head. "They've got Jenna. She's bleeding from her head already. Fighting them will mean killing her. I can't risk that." I said quietly.

I signalled to my men to stand down. "But Boss..."

"Adrian. I hope you know what you're doing. What about Z? These are her people. She's with them. She was sent to kill you." He argued.

"Don't worry about that. I'll take care of Zara. Trust me. She would've killed me a long time ago if she wanted to." I said. I turned back to the agents and raised my hands in surrender as I walked towards them.

They grabbed me and pushed me towards Jenna. I immediately grabbed my baby sister and pulled her into my embrace.

"You're fine Jenna. Just breathe." I whispered over and over in her ear.

"You're such a hopeless fuck. Trusting Z." The agent said but I stayed silent. They wanted a reaction out of me. This is one of the many things I learned from Zara since she stormed her way into my life. Sometimes it's better to stay quiet and observe.

*****

When I opened my eyes again I was tied to a chair. Where the hell are we? My eyes found Jenna laid on the floor and my heart rate quickened.

"Jenna! Jenna!!"

She stayed motionless. I looked down to the chains holding me. There's no fucking way I could break out of these without ripping my skin apart.

The room we were in was filthy as fuck. There was an ungodly stench in the air. This definitely wasn't their agency.

The door was pulled open and someone walked in accompanied by agents flanking his sides.

"Ah. You're awake. That's good." He said and I just stared. His eyes moved over to Jenna and he signalled his men towards her.

They lifted her up and shook her awake. She blinked and groaned in pain holding her head. Immediately she realized she was in someone's arms she jerked away.

"Good. Now the princess is up. Let's talk. What did you do to my agent?" He asked and I sighed.

This must be Erwin. Zara spoke about him.

"Nothing. I did nothing to her." I said and he chuckled.

"The Z I know has no compassion at all. If a child was dying beside her, she wouldn't give a flying fuck. Now she's gone all soft. And apparently you're the reason."

"It's my fault? She's responsible for her every thought and action. I don't see how I'm the cause." I spoke and he smiled.

"It's alright. That's not an issue. She's going to die anyway." He said and I looked at him.

"Harm her and I will make your life a living hell."

He smiled again. "It already is."

He turned and walked out and half his men left taking Jenna who screamed for me. The ones who stayed behind approached me and I cursed.

I'm screwed.

*****

I groaned as I opened my eyes again. Attempting to move caused a shiver of pain to run through me. I sighed deeply.

How the fuck do I get out of this mess now?

Straining again, I hissed in pain as I tried to free my hands from the ropes behind me. I felt around and rolled my eyes. Of course, it's a very tight and intricate knot.

The door was kicked off it's hinges and I looked up.

"What a sight."

I glared at the person standing before me. I didn't even know how to process all the thoughts and emotions I was feeling at the moment. I just let the anger take control.

"Why the fuck are you here?!" I snapped and she smiled softly before hugging me in my position. I felt my anger dissolve slightly.

"I'm so sorry. They'll pay for doing this to you. I promise. I warned Erwin that I'll kill send him to hell if he hurt you. He better run when he sees me." She said with venom lacing her voice.

She kept looking me over while I did the same. Hold the fuck up. My Angel's covered in blood.

"Z. Why the fuck are your clothes drenched?" I asked and she just shrugged before untying the ropes and setting me free.

"French Fries! Get in here!" She yelled and I watched as a girl timidly ran into the room followed by Jenna who jumped at me in a hug.

"Adrian! Thank Goodness you're okay!" I hugged her back in relief. She looked fine.
We pulled apart and I turned to Z. I needed to know her next line of action because that would determine if we'll escape here alive.

"What do we do now?" I asked and she shrugged again. She was seriously starting to piss me off right now.

"I'm going to find Erwin. I need you and Jenna to leave safely before I do that." She said and I scoffed.

She's crazy to think I'd leave her here all alone.

"What? Why? We can help." Jenna stuttered as we watched Zara tie up the other girl who had been relatively quiet.

"Who the fuck is this?" I asked.

"Erwin's Kid."

He has a child? How's the fucker even capable of raising someone? I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.
Just this once. I'm willing to follow Zara's reckless idea.

"Fine. Let me make it clear to you that if I do much as see a scratch on you..." I trailed off as she immediately latched her lips on top mine in a kiss.

I didn't like what I felt.

"I'll be fine. I promise. And says the guys who has like two bullets wounds yet still wants to be by my side." She teased smiling at me. She kissed me one last time and hugged Jenna before leaving with the other girl.

Shit better not happen to her.

A/N
Thoughts? Sorry this came late. I fell really sick. But I'm better now. Oh and don't forget to check out my new book
Regal Rivals there'll be an update today on it. Thank you Soroses. The cover is up there!

I love y'all❤️
Sophie❤️