54.

Omniscient POV

October 19, 2019

It was a couple days after the car accident happened. Yanyria adjusted around in the hospital bed groaning in pain. Her neck was in a brace and her arm was in a cast. Yvette and Tyson walked in the room.

"Heyy my baby you have a visitor." Yvette said. "Hey ma." She said. Her face lit up when she saw Tyson walk in behind her mother. "You can just sit the roses and gift bag over there with the rest of the balloons." She told him. "Yes ma'am." He said.

"Alright I'll give you two some alone time while I go to the cafe downstairs." "Okay." Tyson said. "Hey Yanyria." He stood over her. "H-Hey Tyson." She spoke in a soft tone. "I was looking for you since I didn't see you at school so I came by." "I ain't know I was gonna end up at Northwestern."

"You and me both." Yanyria said making them both laugh. "Ouch." Yanyria said adjusting her body. "So how you end up here girl.. your mom told me you got into an accident-.."

"With Von yes." She said finishing his sentence.  "We were arguing on the way back from his house and he was speeding.. and-.."
"He didn't see the car.. and now I'm here." "Damn Yanyria..I thought-.. never mind."

"We not together Tyson, nothing happened between me and Dayvon." "He brought me by him so I can get sober." "Where you went and why were you drinking?" He asked curiously.

"Why are you asking so many questions?" Yanyria snapped. "My bad Yaya." He said. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to snap like that.. I'm just tired of being laid up in this hospital bed and I miss my son." "To answer your question though Jatavia brought me to a club and I had a few drinks."

"Wait wait how were you able to get in the club?" "Girl you seventeen." He chuckled. "Jatavia." "Damn she must have the connects." "That's an understatement." Yanyria said making them both laugh. "That girl know everybody." Tyson said.

"But.. to sum it up Dayvon pulled me from out of the club and brought me to his place." "Now I have broken ribs, a broken arm, and strained neck." Tyson felt bad so he stayed quiet. "Tyson can you hand me that remote over there?" "U-uh yeah." He said nervously.

"Thank you." "Yanyria I wanna tell you something, but I don't think this the right time." "What is it Tyson?" "I can't lie and say I haven't been thinking about that night." He said making Yanyria look at him. He got nervous.

"What are you trying to say?" "Yanyria I know me and you was drunk, but it was-.."
"Matter of fact ion want you to feel like I only care about that." "Explain how you feel then Tyson." "Yanyria I love you." He said.

"I never stopped .. and that night made me think about you more girl." "How close we was." "Tyson it was just drunk sex." "No.. not to me Yaya .. it was passionate." "It was our first time." Yanyria said. Yanyria and Tyson made eye contact before they shared a kiss.

"Ouch my neck." Yanyria said. "My fault my fault." "No it's not your fault." He held her hand. "You need anything or you good?" Tyson asked. "No thank you." "You still look beautiful even with a neck brace." Tyson said making her giggle.

"You crazy Tyson." "And just to let you know professor Heideed been giving out a bunch of math homework and .. notes." "Aww shit." Yanyria said. "You know I got you though." He said winking at her.

"Ima be out for a while though Tyson, I might have to drop his class.. well my other classes too." Yanyria was upset, her college life just had started a month ago and here she was in a hospital bed. "It's okay baby girl." Tyson said trying to comfort her.

"Tyson it's not okay, I have been through so much in the last year." "It's like as soon as my life gets back on track I take another L." She said. "That's life Yaya you gone run into some obstacles you can't let that stop you."

"I could tell you a story?" He asked.

"Sure."

"When I was about 9 I had a bad injury playing basketball." "What happened?"
"I tore my ligament in my knee." "They told my parents I might never be able to fully recover from it." "But guess what I'm here today playing college ball."

Yanyria smiled. "You ain't gotta drop out and stop going to school." He said. "This gone take time to heal though Tyson." "Physical therapy." He said.

"I did it when I was young, and I'm pretty sure That'll help." "Don't give up on school and don't give up on your self." He said with a serious facial expression.

"Thank you Tyson." Yanyria said. "You're welcome you got me motivational and shit." He said making them both laugh. "I ain't laugh like this since my accident." Yanyria said.

"You deserve to smile." That shared a kiss once again. Yvette walked in. " Well." She said making them stop. "It was a kiss ma." Yanyria said. Tyson laughed. "If y'all were adults I would've said get a room."

"Of course that would've been after-.. you know what why am I talking to my child about this." Yvette said.

"Well technically Tyson is about to be 19." Yanyria said.

"Can you buy alcohol Tyson?" "No ma'am." "That's what I thought." "Mom how's Jatavia been doing?" "That girl been crying her eyes out since you've been in the hospital.. she doesn't want to see you like this."

"She just been emotional.. really .. emotional to the point where if a dog commercial come on Jatavia is going to cry." "I can understand you, but a dog commercial?"

"You might have another grand child on the way." Yanyria said making Tyson's eyes pop out. "Tyson you got my child pregnant?" She asked giving him the death stare. "No no not me Jatavia." Tyson and Yvette looked at each other then looked at Yanyria.