SEVEN

(CHAPTER 7 - THE CROCODILE)

🦢🗡

Storybrooke...

Mr Gold and Belle were in Mr Gold's pawnshop, where he took out a small box and opened it, revealing a necklace.

"It's, uh...it's very beautiful. So, what's the occasion?" Belle asked as she turned around.

Mr Gold picked up the necklace and began to put it around her neck, "The occasion is us. We haven't really gotten out much since Storybrooke awakened, so I thought we should see it together," he finished clasping the necklace and she turned back around to him, "Wow," Mr Gold said.

Belle smiled, "Thank you," Belle said and they hugged.

"Don't get your hopes up. The nightlife is extremely limited," Mr Gold said as they pulled apart.

Belle chuckled, "No, that's not what I meant. Thank you for...for what you're doing, for how you're changing," Belle said.

The bell of the front door jingled and they looked to see Leroy angrily walking in, "Okay, Stiltskin, I want my axe," Leroy said.

"I'm sorry, but we're closed," Mr Gold said.

"It's mine. Give it to me," Leroy said.

"And yet, still closed," Mr Gold said.

"Just 'cause you possess something don't mean it's yours. Nothing in this shop belongs to you," Leroy looked at Belle, "And you? How can you be with such a monster? Or maybe you're just another possession, too," Leroy said.

"How dare you?!" Mr Gold grabbed Leroy by the neck and pinned him against the wall, "You want your axe? Fine!" Mr Gold said as he began to strangle Leroy.

"Rumplestiltskin!" Belle called out.

"You can have it...buried in your chest!" Mr Gold told Leroy.

"Stop! Stop! This isn't you anymore!" Belle said.

Mr Gold turned to look at her as he turned back into Rumplestiltskin, "Oh, it's me, dearie. Always has been, always will be," Rumplestiltskin said.

Belle woke up from her nightmare and found herself in one of Mr Gold's rooms. She climbed out of bed and walked downstairs, discovering it was still nighttime. Belle walked outside and lurked around to the basement window, peering inside to see Mr Gold.

Inside the basement, Mr Gold was spinning straw into gold when he cut off a piece of gold, and walked to a table. He placed the strand of gold into a potion vial and watched as it created a magical reaction, making him smile.

Flashback

A human Rumplestiltskin arrived home with a basket of wool.

"Milah? Ser? I'm home...Ser," Rumplestiltskin saw Seraphina sat up on her bed with her legs pulled to her chest, "Hey," Rumplestiltskin said.

"Papa?" Seraphina said.

"Where's mum?" Seraphina didn't answer, "Well, she probably just lost track of time. Grab your cloak. We'll find her," Rumplestiltskin said.

----------<3----------

Rumplestiltskin entered a tavern and found Milah, his wife, gambling and throwing back shots with a group of men.