EIGHT

(CHAPTER 8 - THE CROCODILE)

🦢🗡

Flashback

Captain Killian Jones and his drunken crew had left the tavern and were walking through the streets. Rumplestiltskin, disguised as a beggar with a hood over his head, walked ahead of the group and bumped into Captain Killian Jones to get his attention.

"Hey, you! Stop!" Rumplestiltskin stopped walking, "Even gutter rats have more manners than you just displayed," Captain Killian Jones said.

"I...I'm so sorry, sir," Rumplestiltskin said.

"Ah. I was wrong," the pirate caught a glimpse of Rumplestiltskin's scaley appearance, "Not a rat at all. More..." he leaned in and hit Rumplestiltskin's cup that he is holding, causing it to spill coins all over the ground. Rumplestiltskin knelt down and tried to pick it all up, "More like a crocodile. What's your name?" he pushed Rumplestiltskin over with his foot, "Crocodile," Rumplestiltskin revealed himself and giggled, "You...I remember you," Captain Killian Jones said.

"Always nice to make an impression," Rumplestiltskin mocked, "Where are my manners? We haven't been properly introduced. Rumplestiltskin," he bowed dramatically "Or as others know me," he looked at them from his bowed position, "The Dark One," Rumplestiltskin stood up straight as the crew backed away, "Oh! I see my reputation precedes me," Rumplestiltskin said.

"It does," Captain Killian Jones said.

"Good! That's gonna save us time during the question and answer portion of our game," Rumplestiltskin said.

"What is it you want to know?" Captain Killian Jones asked as Rumplestiltskin rounded him.

"How's Milah, of course?" Rumplestiltskin asked.

"Who?" Captain Killian Jones asked with a grin.

"Only too happy to, uh, dig out the memory, but it gets really messy," Rumplestiltskin said.

"She's dead. Died a long time ago. What is it you want?" Captain Killian Jones asked.

"We didn't get a chance to finish our duel," the pirate captain went to draw his sword, but was immobilized in place, "Ah! Not now. Tomorrow at dawn. I am not a cruel man. Get your affairs in order. Also, you can spend tonight knowing it'll be your last," Rumplestiltskin giggled, "Maybe I am cruel. And don't think about trying to escape, because I will find you, and I will gut your entire crew like the fish," Rumplestiltskin said and disappeared in red smoke.

End of Flashback

Inside the loft, Athena was sat on the couch, looking out the window while Nadia and David stood near the counter watching her.

"Is she okay?" David asked.

"I don't know," she shrugged, "I found her at the pier today," Nadia said.

"I don't think I've ever seen her this quiet," David said.

"Talk to her, she's your sister," Nadia said.

"Yeah...maybe I should," David started to walk towards her, but there was a knock at the door, "Maybe another time?" David said as he turned to Nadia, who only tilted her head.