EIGHTEEN

(CHAPTER 18 - QUEEN OF HEARTS)

🦢🗡

Enchanted Forest...

Emma banged on the door of the cell with her sword, while the rest of them watched her and Elias just sat on a rock, staring aimlessly at the cell wall.

"We aren't going to break it down, Emma. It was enchanted to hold Rumplestiltskin. We don't have a chance," Mary Margaret said.

"This is my fault," Aurora said.

"No, it's mine. Cora stole your heart because I failed to protect you," Mulan said.

"That's very sweet, but I believe it's my fault," Elias stood up and walked to the cell bars, "I'm one of the Saviors, and I've not doing much saving, have I?" he drew his sword and hit the cell bars, "Sorry...I needed to hit something," Elias said and leaned against the cell bars.

"It's not your fault," Emma said.

"If I trusted Hook, maybe he wouldn't have done this," Elias said.

"Don't doubt yourself," Emma said.

"We're going to win this fight, you know," the twins looked at their mother, "Good always defeats evil," Mary Margaret said.

"You sound like Henry," Elias said.

"Guess optimism runs in the family," Mary Margaret said.

"I think it skipped a generation," Emma said and Elias nodded.

"You both should know better than anybody. You broke the curse," Mary Margaret said.

"What have we done since then? I burned down the wardrobe, and let Cora get the ash," Emma said.

"I got us stranded here in the first place, and now, Cora has the compass. The only reason we ever broke the curse was because it was exactly what Gold wanted us to do. We had nothing to do with it," Elias said.

"What are you talking about?" Mary Margaret asked.

"He told you we were the Saviors, it was his plan. Once we fulfilled that role, maybe that's all we were ever meant to do. Everything we've ever done...he had it all mapped out before we were even born. We're not powerful. We're...We're not...the Saviors. We're a couple of names on a piece of paper," he tossed the scroll to Mary Margaret, "We're pawns and that's exactly why we're in here, and Cora's on her way to Storybrooke," Elias said.

----------<3----------

Meanwhile, Cora and Captain Hook were traveling through a field, "Where are we going?" Captain Hook asked.

"Lake Nostos. The legend says its waters hold the power to restore what was once lost. It'll return magic to what remains of this wardrobe, and then we'll be able to cross worlds," Cora said.

The two of them arrived at the dried-up Lake Nostos, "I may be a simple pirate, but I know one thing...lakes have water," Captain Hook said.

Cora waved her hand in front of her, making small vortex appear in the middle of the former lake where a geyser shot up from the ground and Cora looked at him, "After everything we've been through, why do you still doubt me?" Cora questioned.

Flashback

Wonderland...

Cora still had her hand plunged inside Captain Hook's chest, gripping his heart.

"I've told you all I know, now have some honor and kill me," Captain Hook said.