THIRTY SEVEN

(CHAPTER 37 - LACEY)

🦢🗡

Inside the pawnshop, the twins, Charming siblings, Alana, Nadia, Mary Margaret and Mr Gold were gathered around Henry, who blew out eleven candles and everyone cheered for him.

Mr Gold leaned towards him, "And now, my boy, for your present. Pick one object from this shop," he gestured to the items around the shop, "Anything you like," Mr Gold told him.

Henry moved about the shop, looking around, until he stopped in front of a wand and pointing at it, "That," Henry said and picked it up, waving it around.

"Alright, careful, buddy! Wands are powerful," Alana said.

"Don't want to turn anyone into a toad, or anything," Nadia said.

Henry turned to Mr Gold, "So, how does it work?" He asked.

"Here, let me show you," Mr Gold said.

Henry handed the wand to him and Mr Gold waved the wand in the air for a moment, before flicking his wrist, turning Henry into a statue.

"No!" Elias yelled.

"Papa?!" Alana shouted.

"Gold, why would you do that?!" David asked, angrily.

"The prophecy. The seer said the boy would be my undoing. So I have no choice, I must be his," Mr Gold said before swinging his cane, shattering the statue.

With a jolt, Mr Gold woke up in his bed and looked around in distress.

----------<3----------

Later at the park, Alana and Henry were sword-fighting with wooden swords, while Mr Gold watched them from a distance, when Regina walked up to him, "Seems like we both have been pushed to the sidelines," She said.

"What are you doing here?" Mr Gold asked.

"The real question is, what's your daughter doing with my son?" Regina asked.

"Oh, that..." he turned to Regina, "That's right, you didn't get the birth announcement, did you? That's Henry's mother," he smirked slightly, "I guess you're not his only one now," Mr Gold said.

"What?" Regina said.

"Do I have to spell it out for you? Mr Swan and my daughter-," Mr Gold began to say.

"You're Henry's grandfather?" Regina interrupted.

"Guess that makes us family," he looked at Henry, "He's got my eyes," he looked back at her, "Don't you think?" Mr Gold said before walking away from her

"You did this!" Regina said, following after him.

"Trust me, dearie, it was as much a shock to me as it is to you," Mr Gold said.