FORTY

(CHAPTER 40 - THE TURN OF THE TIDE)

🦢🗡

Captain Hook and Regina entered the library and walked over to the elevator, where he noticed the wheel of the elevator, "This why it's a two-man job? You need me to lower you?" Captain Hook questioned.

"No, used to be. Before magic," Regina said before they entered the elevator and she waved her hand, operating it.

Flashback

After arriving at their destination, everyone was preparing to leave the ship, including Athena, who was in the Captain's quarters gathering a few of her belongings. Captain Hook entered and saw her, "Are you going somewhere, love?" He asked her.

Athena turned to him, "I want to see the island," She said.

"I'm not sure that's a good idea," Captain Hook said.

"Why?" Athena asked, confused.

"Because this is no ordinary island. It's actually a very dangerous place," Captain Hook said.

"If it's as dangerous as you say, then why we here? What does this island hold that you want?" Athena asked.

"Gold, of course," Captain Hook said.

"Well, while you and the crew are gathering your gold," she pointed to the window at the cliffside, "I'll be up there," she walked to the window, looking out, "The view from there must be absolutely beautiful," Athena said.

"Are you sure you want to go out alone?" Captain Hook asked.

Athena turned to him, "I'll be fine, Killian. You don't have to worry about me," She said.

Captain Hook hesitated, "Okay," he nodded, "We plan to leave before sundown," Captain Hook told her.

"I'll be back before then," Athena said.

----------<3----------

Athena hiked to the cliffside, where she set her bag down and stood near the edge, "Wow," She said as she looked out over the ocean.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" A voice said from behind her.

Athena turned to the voice, seeing a young boy, "Uh, yes..." She said.

"If you truly enjoy the view, you could stay here, you know," He said.

"Thank you, but," she turned back to the ocean, seeing the Jolly Roger docked below, "I have someone who wouldn't want me to go," Athena said.

"Right, your Captain," The boy said.

Athena looked at him, "You know him?" She asked.

"Indeed. He's not one to give up his fortunes," He said.

Athena chuckled softly, "No, that's why we're here, actually. He's after the gold this island holds," She said.