TWENTY ONE

(CHAPTER 21 - THE OUTSIDER)

🦢🗡

In the middle of the night, Mr Gold's car came to a stop in front of the town line. He got out of the car and popped the trunk, to see Mr Smee bound and gagged inside.

Mr Gold removed his gag and pulled him out of the trunk, "This will only take a moment," Mr Gold said, pushing him towards the town line.

Mr Smee looked at him, "Don't push me over. If I cross the line, I'll lose my memory. It's a cruel fate," Mr Smee said.

"A fate you were more than willing to bestow upon Belle," Mr Gold pushed him to the ground with his cane, and removed his red beanie, "You've had this rag since the day we met. Why is it so important to you?" Mr Gold asked.

"My grandmother made it for me when I was a boy. It's always brought me good fortune. What difference does it make?" Mr Smee asked.

Mr Gold brought out a potion and poured it on the beanie, "Oh, all the difference in the world. It's your only chance," Mr Gold said and threw it back to Mr Smee, who quickly put it back on.

"What do you mean my only-," Mr Smee began to say but Mr Gold kicked him across the town line, and a surge of magic ran throughout his body then stopped.

"What's your name?" Mr Gold asked as Mr Smee looked at him.

"William Smee," He said.

"And who am I?" Mr Gold asked.

"Rumplestiltskin," he stood up, turning to him completely, "The Dark One. I remember everything!" he walked towards them, "How can this be?" Mr Smee asked.

"Well, it seems that our little experiment was a success," he pulled Mr Smee back across the line, "Now, go," he watched as Mr Smee fled the scene, "I have a trip to plan," Mr Gold said.

----------<3----------

The next day at the town cemetery, several of Storybrooke's residents gathered around a casket and a tombstone, which read Archie Hopper - Friend and Conscience.

Mary Margaret stood before the crowd, giving a eulogy, "Some of us knew him as Archie, others as Jiminy, but we all knew him as a true friend. And though he may now be gone, he will always live on inside of us, reminding us to be our best selves. To do the right thing, to always fight for what we believe in. So, we shouldn't think of today as goodbye, just as a way of saying, Archie we'll be listening," Mary Margaret said before walking to David and they hugged.

Marco walked up to the tombstone, laying Archie's umbrella against it, "I miss you so much, my friend, but at least you're in a better place," Marco said.

David looked around at the crowd, noticing that his sister was missing from the crowd.

----------<3----------

Meanwhile in the hold of the Jolly Roger, Captain Hook was interrogating Archie, who was still tied up.

"Wait! No, please don't! Wait! Please! Please!" Archie begged.

"Shhh...as your patient, the Dark One must have told you all manner of secrets. Where is his dagger?" Captain Hook questioned.

"I don't know anything about a dagger," Archie said.

"No you don't, do you? It's his weakness. Now, tell me, does he have any others?" Archie remained quiet, "Very well. I've always wanted to dissect a cricket," Captain Hook said as he pressed his hook against Archie's forehead.