NINE

(CHAPTER 9 - THE DOCTOR)

🦢🗡

Enchanted Forest...

Elias, Emma, Mary Margaret, Mulan and Aurora were walking back to the safe haven.

"I don't know if I can do this. I'm not a very good liar," Aurora said.

"Well, it's not really a lie, Aurora. Lancelot did die an honorable death and Cora did escape. All true. Just leave the particulars to us. There's no reason to cause unnecessary panic amongst your people," Mary Margaret said.

"I'm not so sure it's unnecessary..." Aurora said.

Mulan noticed the empty guard tower, "Wait," they all stopped walking, "The tower. We always have sentries guarding the entrance," Mulan drew her sword, "Stay close," Mulan said.

The five of them entered the area below the guard tower, entering the haven, where they found piles of corpses strewn across the field.

"Oh my God..." The twins said.

"This can't be...our land...we were protected here, hidden. How did the ogres find us?" Mulan asked.

Mary Margaret noticed that the bodies all had bloodied chests, "Ogres didn't do this," Mary Margaret said.

"What?" Mulan asked.

"Cora did. Their hearts...they were ripped out. This was her magic...twisted and evil. We have to stop her," Mary Margaret said.

"Too late. She killed them. She killed them all," Mulan said.

"Well, we have to stop her before she hurts anyone else," Mary Margaret said.

Elias noticed movement under a stack of bodies, "Hey! Hey! Look!" Elias said as he and Emma rushed towards the stack of bodies.

"There's someone under there," Aurora said and she helped the twins free the person.

"He's alive," Elias said in relief.

"Please," Captain Hook said as he turned to them, scared.

"It's okay," Mary Margaret said, softly.

"Please, help me," Captain Hook begged.

"It's okay. You're safe now, we won't hurt you," Mary Margaret said.

"Thank you. Thank you..." Captain Hook said.

Elias just looked at him, "Elias..." Emma placed her hand on her brother's arm, "You okay?" Emma asked.

Everyone looked at them, "Yeah...Yeah...I'm, uh," Elias stood up, "Gonna go look for...any fresh bandages..." Elias said and began to walk around.

"Want some help?" Emma asked.