THIRTY TWO

(CHAPTER 32 - THE MILLER'S DAUGHTER)

🦢🗡

Flashback

Inside the tower of King Xavier's castle, Young Cora sat at the spinning wheel, attempting to spin straw into gold with no success, while Rumplestiltskin watched her.

"Ugh! It's not happening," She said, frustratedly.

"You just need to stop thinking about it. Magic is about emotion. Summon up that moment that made you so angry, you would have killed if you could," Rumplestiltskin said.

"You do that?" Young Cora asked.

"I do," Rumplestiltskin answered.

"What's your moment?" Young Cora asked.

"Once, a man made me kiss his boots in front of my daughter. Now, in my mind, I go back and I rip out his throat, and I crunch his veins with my teeth, and that, dearie, is how magic is made," Rumplestiltskin said.

"Bloodlust," Young Cora said.

"I like the phrase. Let me help you," Rumplestiltskin said and placed his hands on her shoulders as he sat behind her.

Cora resumed her attempt at spinning straw into gold, while speaking in a trance-like state, "They made me kneel. I didn't do anything wrong, but they made me apologize to a child. I realized no matter how good I was, or how hard I worked...I was never going to be more than I am now," Young Cora said.

Rumplestiltskin moved his hands down her arms, "What do you want to do to them?" He asked and brushed his nose against her neck, moving to her shoulder, which he lightly kissed.

"I want to make them bow. I want their kneecaps to crack and freeze on the stones. I want their necks to break from bending," Young Cora said.

Rumplestiltskin noticed the straw, "Look," He said.

Young Cora snapped out of her trance as the spinning wheel jammed, and she noticed the strands of gold in front of her, "I did it, I'm going to live," She said, turning to him.

"You're going to do much more than that, dearie," their faces millimeters apart from each other, "Don't stop, until they are on their knees," Rumplestiltskin said.

"Let's keep going," Young Cora said and turned back to the spinning wheel to continue.

----------<3----------