TWENTY SIX

(CHAPTER 26 - TINY)

🦢🗡

Boston...

The twins, Henry and Mr Gold where they received their boarding passes, and joined the line to go through security.

"Have you ever been outside of Storybrooke before, Mr Gold?" Henry asked.

"No," Mr Gold answered.

"Are you nervous?" Henry asked.

"No," Mr Gold answered.

"Are you worried about meeting you daughter?" Henry asked.

"No, Henry, I'm fine," Mr Gold said, annoyedly.

"How about we talk about this later, kid? We're next," Elias said as he and Henry began to take off their shoes, putting them in the bins along with their coats and bags.

"It must be really hard not to use magic, being like everyone else," Henry said.

"You've gotta put your shoes in," Emma told Mr Gold.

"Coat too," Elias added.

"How terribly uncivilized," Mr Gold said and took off his shoes.

Henry walked through the metal detecter, followed by Elias and Mr Gold was about to walk through, but was stopped by a security officer, "Uh, scarf and the cane go in the basket," The security officer said.

"What?" Mr Gold said.

"Scarf and cane go in the basket," The security officer repeated.

"I can't," Mr Gold said.

"You have to," Emma said from behind him.

"It ain't rocket science, buddy. You ever been on a plane before?" A man from behind Emma said.

"Have you ever been impaled upon a cane before?" Mr Gold asked as he raised his cane.

Emma grabbed the cane, stopping Mr Gold and looked at the man behind her, "My...father's a little nervous. We're headed to a family reunion. Sorry," Emma said.

"Father?" Mr Gold said, confused.

"Come on, Dad, you're holding up the line," Elias said, holding in his laughter.

"Just put your shawl in the bin. I'll help you get through," Emma told Mr Gold.

"If I let this go, I could forget who I am," Mr Gold said.

"I'm not going to let that happen," Emma said.

"Okay," Mr Gold said.

Elias and Henry were putting on their shoes, while they watched Mr Gold take off the shawl and place it in a bin, along with his cane. As he does so, his vision became distorted and he stumbled a little. He walked through the metal detector in almost a trance-like state, grabbing the side of the machine to steady himself.

 He walked through the metal detector in almost a trance-like state, grabbing the side of the machine to steady himself