TEN

(CHAPTER 10 - THE DOCTOR)

🦢🗡

Storybrooke...

At Storybrooke General Hospital, Regina was searching for Dr Whale, when she entered the psychiatric ward to find it deserted.

"Dr Whale? Where are you?" Regina called out.

Flashback

Inside the Royal Castle, Jefferson was leading Queen Regina through the corridor of the castle, towards the one who could raise the dead.

"Where is he...this wizard? You promised to bring him to me," Queen Regina said.

"Indeed, and off we shall go to see him, but I warn you, be cautious," Jefferson said.

"Why? Is he dangerous?" Queen Regina asked.

"Not to us. But bear in mind, he's never been to a world like this before. He's unfamiliar with our ways, with our magic," Jefferson said.

"All I care about are his ways, and if they will do what I require," Queen Regina said.

"Well, there's only one way to find out. May I present to you...your salvation," Jefferson said as they turned a corner, and found a man seated in the courtyard, sketching flowers.

"You're the wizard?" Queen Regina asked.

The doctor stood up and turned to them, "I prefer doctor, but you're welcome to call me whatever makes you comfortable," The doctor said as he took off his glasses.

"Very well...Doctor. You understand why you've been brought here?" Queen Regina questioned.

"Of course. Now..show me the patient," The doctor said.

----------<3----------

Queen Regina brought him, with Jefferson following, to where she was keeping Daniel's preserved body.

The doctor examined the body, "It's remarkable. It's as if his last breath was drawn just moments ago," The doctor said.

"A preservation spell. Can you bring him back?" Queen Regina asked.

"Perhaps. Let's take a look," the doctor continued his examination, "It's wonderful. His condition is ideal...apart from being dead, that is," The doctor said.